***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Some size 11.5D out there got a steal on eBay...those brand new Cigar PTBs from Alden SF that someone posted here a few days ago went for only $455. It's hard to even find a pre-owned Cigar PTB for that price sometimes.

2. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Only one I know that does what I was referring is B Nelson. You tell him you just bought a pair of used shoes that has the lumps of the old owner imprint. You want them gone. He will do something like "stretching" or "flattening" the leather insole (maybe a new insole?). That way the old owners imprint will not remain. New Corkbed is applied, though. B Nelson is great.

3. McPryon

McPryon Well-Known Member

There was an 11.5D pair of new LHS Cigar shoes that ended today. They ended up going for $490, or so. It was really, really hard to restrain myself on that one. I figured since I was high bidder for days it was time to let somebody else have a turn [​IMG].

4. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Could it be that we are referring to two different things (imprints); insole and corkbed? It was my understanding that the corkbed sits between the sole and the leather insole.

5. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Hi BeSpiffington - I read your above post from several months ago and was wondering if you could: confirm that your Ravellos and J Crew Capt toe boots are the same size; and comment on whether one feels longer than the other? Thanks.

6. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Senior member

Gents, in case it has not been mentioned already, Context began taking preorders on their No.8 Tanker NST Boot, Barrie Last, as of yesterday...
    [​IMG]

7. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Greetings Gents!

I received a pair of king LHS from Alden DC today. Any advice as to what I should be looking for fit-wise? I went with my Barrie size, 1/2 size down from TTS. My initial impression is that they fit comfortably, not too tight, nor too wide… but there is some heel slip. I think the width is good as I'm filling out the toebox well, and the strap and sides fit snug, but not uncomfortably so. The length feels pretty good to the back of the heel. Does this sound about right, or should I be looking for a tighter fit initially? I'm going to evaluate them for a few days, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

8. REguy

REguy Senior member

Well, this photos certainly shows why the J Crew shell boots I've tried on felt at least 1/2 size too small.

9. CalceoAdamator

10. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Stunning. Recently pre-ordered these from Leffot. My first Aldens --- I believe the welt and edge are different on the Leffot model, but this is also just beautiful.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  11. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I think the difference is in the welting, not the actual length on the inside of the shoe. One has close heel and the other a 360 welt.

12. wildstar

wildstar Senior member

Beautiful, I ordered a pair myself. Pre-orders are going really fast, many sizes are already gone.

13. CalceoAdamator

Indeed they are... I plucked a pair for myself, and a pair to gift to one of my clients who shares the appreciation of this affliction.

14. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

no particular reason, venetian was just recommended to me by another manuf for some cxl shoes. I imagine saphir would do just as good a job, albeit at a higher price.

15. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.