***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gosheik

gosheik Senior member

Second pair of Aldens, but first pair of Cordovan Aldens : )

I have to say, they are definitely nicer in person than in any photo that I've seen. Consider me hooked, and thank you all for sharing your experiences on this forum--As a newbie, I've found the content and camaraderie inspiring and welcoming.

[​IMG]

J. Crew #8 Chukka

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

A wonderful first-pickup. Enjoy wearing and welcome to the forum

3. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Gosheik, thanks for your kind words and welcome to the forum. Beautiful #8 chukka boots sir. Wear them in the best of health.

4. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful boots. Wear them in good health.

5. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Great pick up. I have a pair arriving today, your picture makes me even more anxious.

6. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Awesome chukka and welcome! Definitely one i'll be adding to my rotation... one day :confused:

7. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Gentlemen - I would like to introduce/reintroduce myself to the Alden Thread. I've been a member of, and occasional contributor to, SF since 2009. Late last year I went on a hiatus - primarily because I found the more time I spent on this thread, well, the more $ I spent on Aldens.

Over the last couple weeks I've been catching up, reading posts from 2012 and 2013. I must say, you regular (and a few not so regular) contributors have provided a wealth of dialog, information and photos, all in a very collegial, well-written package. I look forward to contributing where I am able. But I am definitely just a student of Aldens. I own quite a few pairs (shoes, boots, shell, non-shell, special make-ups & non), but I don't find many opportunities to provide input that hasn't already been supplied. But I'll try.

Below are my color 4/black shell saddles from J.Gilbert. I remember pining for the blucher version that LS released several years ago, so I immediately joined JG's pre-order when Yenni told me about it. Several others have posted their photos of this shoe, but I wanted to add a couple of mine (albeit iPhone shots). I have always enjoyed the look of saddles, but this one especially.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013

8. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

^^ Welcome (back?) to the thread. :nodding:

9. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Welcome, sweet looking chukkas sir.
    Welcome back. Great outdoor photos. +1 on the jg saddles. Had to have them after missing out on the ls saddles.

10. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Thank you, sir. I've been trying to achieve the shine that you get on your 4/black shell saddles. I still haven't used polish on them. SR a couple of times. Otherwise, just wiping and brushing.

11. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Thank you, sir. And true to my word, after reading the thread for the last month, I ended up making a purchase. Actually two ... Make that three. Actually four. I just put in for Leffot's Tanker and LWB pre-orders. Also, when Crew had it's 20% off deal, I decided to order the Color 8 cap toe boot - it was on back order, but hopefully it will pan out. Finally, I ordered (and already received) the Leffot Naval Boot in black - it's my first foray into black shell, but I feel like I have enough other options in my closet that I really could use a solid boot in black (shell being a major bonus). Basically, I have a full-blown case of Aldenitis.

12. Johnniegold

Johnniegold Well-Known Member

I didn't need to see that picture. I can ogle all I want at a pair of Ravello _________(fill in the blank) knowing full well I can't just go to a website and act on that impulse. But that pair of King Chukkas, well, that's entirely another story, isn't it? Great looking chukka. Congrats.

13. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

The 9901s are back from the cobbler. He did a great job on the heel. He said Alden have the biggest heels!

[​IMG]

14. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Looking good! I dig the blue laces.

15. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

...my cobbler made fun of them! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.