• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt2gt

Reaction score

Just came on these on ebay all 11.5: Ravello chukka, Cigar PTB, and Cigar LHS all look newish.

And the prices are pretty damn good for "exotic shell" given some folks like to put BINs north of 700 these days. You 11.5s need to hit these hard and fast.

REguy

Reaction score

Hey El':

Same experience for me.  I walked into Alden SF with my #8 PCT boots in 7.5D Barrie.  The SA recommended the 8E in the unlined Leydon chukka boots I wanted.  I tried the 8D and 8E and the E was definitely better.  The D was a bit too tight across the instep for me.

Just a different take here, but I found the size down, add a width method worked in the forefoot. However, the heel fit then became too sloppy for me. YMMV.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting^^ thank you to all for the recommendations. Please keep them coming as well.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like these a lot, thanks for the pic. I almost bought these but hesitated and then of course my size sold out in no time :(

The rule I've learned over the years is that if you see an Alden pair you really like, immediately pull the trigger (assuming you have the funds at that time). Any time I wait, they're gone and I regret it. :brick:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And the prices are pretty damn good for "exotic shell" given some folks like to put BINs north of 700 these days. You 11.5s need to hit these hard and fast.

I've never seen that style of printing on the insole of any pair (The Alden Shop, San Francisco, all spelled out) and I didn't believe Alden/Horween stamps "Genuine Shell Cordovan" on the soles. Can anyone comment? Seems just a hair off.

I could, of course, be wrong and they be a fantastic deal.

Last edited:

REguy

Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quoted to not have it lost in the shuffle. Also:

nephew,
looking good in your gunboats

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

from yesterday:

Alden x Leffot LWB in Color 8
I think your Leffot gunboats are perfect. I don't know who started pairing #8 with an antique edge trim, but I am a big fan. Thanks for posting sazon. You got some nice rolls going on there.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wasn't the biggest Indy fan, but you look at enough Aldens and the bug eventually gets you for at least one pair. The dark leather, brass and commando sole of the Innsbruck did it for me. The only issue I saw was the leather wasn't perfectly attached on one shoe around the heel. It seems solid enough, and I guess only those face down on the ground looking sideways would ever notice!

Right compared to left.

That is one tough looking Indy boot, I'm liking it a lot. Are you a big trubalance last fan yet? Do you or anyone else here know if the stitching on the Innsbruck boot is done by hand or machine? BTW, congratulations shouldaville. Nice score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads