• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quoted to not have it lost in the shuffle. Also:

Sharp look Counsel

TactileOne

Reaction score
Could someone with well aged #8 and Cigar LHS post them side by side? My #8s have a beautiful patina and the new out of the box cigar LHS look almost identical.

Trying to determine if the cigar LHS are worth keeping.
If they are 11Ds I'll take them.

FENWAY

Reaction score

I'd be interested in all the #4 models that have been produced. I know of the following.
Captoe Boot - TSM
Wingtip Boot - TSM
Atom - Leffot
4x4 - LS
Saddle - LS
LHS - The Lakota House
Tanker Boot - The Lakota House
NST - The Lakota House

There was a also a guy that posted some pics of a #4 Indy (with white stitching) but they have since been deleted. Not sure where those were from.

Does anybody know of any more?

Yeah, those are my Indy's (new in pic). Pretty sure they were MTO and ended up at The Shoe Mart. A lighter #4...more like Ravello

TactileOne

Reaction score
My very first pair of boots was a pair of Wolverine 1000 miles in a rust cxl, comfortable as all get out. I'd love to find a pair of Alden PTB in brown CXL w/commando soles for winter wear. Any one know a source?

docalden2013

Reaction score

Sizing question for those w/ experience in the Leydon Unlined Suede Chukkas.

Last year I purchased the Epaulet Leydon LWB in a 12D. The fit is good. On the narrow side, but good and comfortable. This fall, I'm looking to pick up the Snuff Unlined Chukka on the Leydon and wanted to initially pick up the same size. However, all the e-sources, have dried up and are only stocking Es in a 12 (TSM, Leffot, etc).

Were I to get the 12E in the chukka, how much wider of a sole am I looking at? Am I going to be sloshing around in a shoe that's far to big? Should I possibly consider a 11.5E, which seems to be readily available at both TSM and Leffot? Is there anyone out there who's undertaken a similar sizing endeavor?

Hi El
I'm 9d in the Leydon lwb fr Epaulet. At The advice of Citishoes, went with the 9e snuff chukka for my widish foot. No problems here. If anything, it old be nice to have some roominess for such a casual, slipper-like shoe.

Pull the trigger and enjoy in good health, my friend.

CEE88

Reaction score

CEE88

Reaction score

I'd be interested in all the #4 models that have been produced. I know of the following.
Captoe Boot - TSM
Wingtip Boot - TSM
Atom - Leffot
4x4 - LS
Saddle - LS
LHS - The Lakota House
Tanker Boot - The Lakota House
NST - The Lakota House

There was a also a guy that posted some pics of a #4 Indy (with white stitching) but they have since been deleted. Not sure where those were from.

Does anybody know of any more?

J. Gilbert did a black/4 saddle shoe last year (LS did a blucher version - JG model was not). I am the proud owner of one such pair.

EDIT: sorry - just realized several folks already mentioned the JG 4/black saddle. But it is worth mentioning more than once -- it's a great looking shoe.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi El
I'm 9d in the Leydon lwb fr Epaulet. At The advice of Citishoes, went with the 9e snuff chukka for my widish foot. No problems here. If anything, it old be nice to have some roominess for such a casual, slipper-like shoe.

Pull the trigger and enjoy in good health, my friend.

Hey El':

Same experience for me. I walked into Alden SF with my #8 PCT boots in 7.5D Barrie. The SA recommended the 8E in the unlined Leydon chukka boots I wanted. I tried the 8D and 8E and the E was definitely better. The D was a bit too tight across the instep for me.

TactileOne

Reaction score
Just came on these on ebay all 11.5: Ravello chukka, Cigar PTB, and Cigar LHS all look newish.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quoted to not have it lost in the shuffle. Also:

Gorgeous gunboats El. Since you have so many beautiful and handsomely shined Alden shoes have you turned any of your fellow legal eagles to the dark side of shell cordovan addiction? I miss your creative Snapseed pics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads