• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
Whiskey Wednesday! I need to wear these a little more often.

tu5ygu8y.jpg

sasapypy.jpg
Looking smashing in your gunboats.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

J. crew TSM seconds back from a month and a half long restoration. $160. The nice folks in M iddleborough sure had a long summer break... Before, (with big holes in the bottom) AFTER: W/ Civilianaire Super Slim Black 2X1 RH twill 13.5oz raw, marcoliani wool socks OTC (what, me summer?) My concern with renovation is always that the color that I've worked so hard for will be masked by wax polish. Luckily this was not the case. Galway eat your heart out, mi'right? Follow up on my king chukkas from LSBH. Renovateur/Mac method only, never waxed, except when restored by Alden several months ago. I love how dynamic color 8 is. If you wait long enough, and strip it with renovateur, you can see strokes of pigment. I'm not sure if this is the hands at Horween or the finishing at Alden. Likely the former. Maybe someone with Ruby carmina's can offer some insight. There's so much shell to worship on the king chukka; it's the working man's wholecut, and these have rolled and mellowed kindly.
what is the hem opening on the denim?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ these posts reminded me that I put my name down for a couple make-ups with LS at least two years ago. I still hope they come to fruition, but my life was no worse off having forgotten about them either.

This makes sense...I need to start forgetting these pre-orders even exist and just get a nice surprise when they're finally done in 2016.

Todd V

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Are there any interesting Aberdeen blucher makeups I don't know about? I've looked pretty hard and the only one I've see is Epaulet's scotch grain shortwing (which they don't stock in my size).

Have you seen anything else? Thanks for any leads.

Todd V

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Wednesday! I need to wear these a little more often.

sasapypy.jpg
great looking gunboats.
J. crew TSM seconds back from a month and a half long restoration. $160. The nice folks in Middleborough sure had a long summer break...
Before, (with big holes in the bottom)

AFTER: W/ Civilianaire Super Slim Black 2X1 RH twill 13.5oz raw, marcoliani wool socks OTC (what, me summer?)

My concern with renovation is always that the color that I've worked so hard for will be masked by wax polish. Luckily this was not the case. Galway eat your heart out, mi'right?

Follow up on my king chukkas from LSBH. Renovateur/Mac method only, never waxed, except when restored by Alden several months ago.

I love how dynamic color 8 is. If you wait long enough, and strip it with renovateur, you can see strokes of pigment. I'm not sure if this is the hands at Horween or the finishing at Alden. Likely the former. Maybe someone with Ruby carmina's can offer some insight.

There's so much shell to worship on the king chukka; it's the working man's wholecut, and these have rolled and mellowed kindly.
nice looking boots + denim

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought all Indy's use the same last.
Trubalance, Barrie, Plaza. The second two only in shell, AFAIK
These are nit Indy boots. These are plain toe boots. Indus have stitching on the top and a more broad founded tip.
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me.../pv-ald-86042h_ald_m_indy_boot_plain_toe.html

TSM calls this a plain-toe indy

(I acknowledge that these are not the same modified boots that appear in the pic that was quoted)

Gentlemen,

Are there any interesting Aberdeen blucher makeups I don't know about? I've looked pretty hard and the only one I've see is Epaulet's scotch grain shortwing (which they don't stock in my size).

Have you seen anything else? Thanks for any leads.

Todd V

Don't know if you consider it interesting, and not sure about availability, but there is always the 2160 and 2161. Also, NST Bluchers sometimes on Aberdeen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics