1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

whiskey Wednesday
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Senior member

No worries, if it would have been anywhere other than right on the toebox I wouldn't have even attempted anything. Luckily lemon juice did the trick and lifted the stain right out!

3. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  4. iDoc

iDoc Senior member

deleted

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  5. irbe

irbe Senior member

Thinking of getting a pair of LHS in cordovan 8. Wondering what you guys usually wear them with bottom wise? Will they work with mostily chinos / khakies or are they more dresser they should be paired with trousers? Wondering how versitile will they be. Thanks

6. blackboard_knowledge

blackboard_knowledge Senior member

I think that they could sufficiently be paired with all of those groups. I just personally would not advise that one wear them with a suit, unless it is a wool flannel suit.

7. smdbitchh

smdbitchh Well-Known Member

thats a possibility but seems a bit weird. They just gave me the option between 2 different leather soles. One being more expensive.

If I drop off a pair of black shoes or boots to get re soled they could have natural edging when I go to pick them up? Anyone else have a similar experience at B Nelson?

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

No suit. I work in a business casual environment and I'm usually in chinos or khakies, so I just want to make sure I can wear them as I always equate slip ons as being a littlemore dressier.

9. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

Agree. I'd say any time you aren't wearing a jacket, you would be just fine in loafers. I see guys wearing loafers with suits all the time, so even that wouldn't look out of place, it's just that you could do better with something with laces.

10. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I agree with the others here that they are pretty versatile. I wear mine with chinos, cords, moleskin and wool trousers and a sportcoat. I've seen people wear them with denim and I think they look nice with that (though I wear a more casual pair of loafers from Cheaney and Sons with denim). Heck, I've even seen folks wearing them with shorts.

And like others have mentioned, I wouldn't wear loafers with a suit, but really, outside of banking and law, most offices would probably consider them proper dress shoes. :confused:

11. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

RIght now I am trying to "break in" a pair of #8 LHS i just picked up from ebay and literally received this morning.....they don't appear to have much wear at all and I feel pretty lucky to have found these for $280!

That is exactly how I intend on wearing them.....with chinos/khakis and shorts......probably without socks once it warms up a bit......in my opinion, they are definitely not too dressy to be worn this way.

[​IMG]

12. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

^ I'd wear my unlined suede PTBs with shorts, but LHS goes too far for my taste. Not a fan of shiny shoes w/ shorts. To each his own, however.

13. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

$280 is a great score atl. Good work. The lighting makes it seem like you're wearing two different color pants. :) I agree w beebs, my unlined suede ptbs pair nicely w shorts. I do wear lhs without socks and shorts, but it's harder to pull off. That's not a typical look here in Southern California.

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I wore my cigar LHS with shorts and no socks all last summer. All LHS are great for that. Harder to pull off tassels with socks...

15. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I know plenty of bankers and lawyers that wear loafers with their suits (guys over 45 wear Alden-like full straps and tassels, guys under 45 are often in Gucci bit loafers)

16. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Lemon juice? Excellent. Glad you are happy.

17. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Hot stuff man! I didn't know you had a pair of those!?! From BlackBird no? I should have scooped a pair when i had the chance.

18. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Shell LHS; probably my favorite pair of Aldens. They turn into slippers in no time. sockless with shorts is a solid look. Usually get compliments each time i ear them.

19. prez

prez Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just got back from Paris where I visited Anatomica. The guys there were very helpful, they measured my feet with the Brannock device & gave me a lot of tips about the Alden lasts. They carry only Modified last as they believe it is the most comfortable. The shock for me was that I was measured 10,5c while I wear 9 d on Barrie! They told me that a lot of people that visit them turn up wearing the wrong size their whole life. He insisted in me trying the 10,5 c & it fit perfectly with a bit of room space up front. I ended up buying 2 pairs, one of which I am posting above, an unlined color 8 cordovan, code 5610. Amazing shoe! Can we find c sizing anywhere? Is it possible to have so different sizing with the other lasts? Has this happened to anyone else?

1 person likes this.
  20. thams

thams Senior member

Nice! I plan to hit it up when I'm in Paris in a couple of weeks. Any sort of different models/rare colors? I really like the look of the shoes on your feet whereas I'm generally not a fan of modified shoes in pictures. Nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.