1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Insane price or not, those boots are badass.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. brp2

brp2 Senior member

I'm wondering if this is another turn-around from TSM's blowout of larger sized pairs of rare shell (I'm also wondering if those are the same pair I debated about buying over that entire weekend).

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I'm almost positive that these are the standard, aberdeen-lasted 2160... but I guess we can not really say with much certainty.

4. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Alden X Leffot Natural Chromexcel Indy boot (commando soles) on their maiden voyage!

3 people like this.
  5. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

wear in good health. be mindful of borderline crotch shot.

6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

LeatherSoul is probably the most difficult retailer to buy shoes from over the phone/via the internet... They are unique in that they seem to have a huge in-store base of customers that actually originates from the entire West Coast and much of Asia, so obviously they have a lot of in-store demand to fill, and they tend to take care of those customers (which is fine). I've purchased Aldens from them here and there, as well as other products, and I am on a few preorders and will continue to look for products from them. When I actually am able to purchase shoes from them, shipping is fast and the packages tend to include extras (trees, notepads, shoe polish, etc). I've always been treated well by the folks I deal with there.

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Agreed. Several years ago, I bought six pair of Alden's from them during an 18 month period. I dealt mostly with Bryan who I thought was great to work with. When I made calls to the shop in HI, while not being treated rudely, I was told that most of their shoes go to their "regualr customers". To be clear, they were not rude or disrespectful, just sort of matter of fact about it.

2 people like this.
  8. Techdaddy

Techdaddy Well-Known Member

Just ordered a pair from jcrew, should be at my door Friday! :)

9. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

TBH I have only purchased one pair of Aldens from LS. Oki took a lot of time with me on the phone which was appreciated. I always understood there to be a customer hierarchy and have come to accept that fact. I understand their rational, not that I like it but I get it.

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I have purchased 4 pairs of Aldens and dealt with Tom and Oki. I'm in Canada and always received great service from LS.

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Will is my guy at LS - always treats me well

12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Hmm, I got lucky and ordered same pair for 20% off (great SA on the phone) on Jan.29th and was told that restock will be available and shipped on May 12th. I can see that my size is available now..should I call customer service hotline?:satisfied:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  13. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I'd just play it cool - who knows you might lose your place in line. They're more than likely going to update your order. My pair was ordered in Late Oct for Feb delivery. They were shipped out in the middle of Nov. They under promise and over deliver. I'm sure J.Crew swings a BIG stick when it comes to Alden. I'm sure they order a TON of shoes from them.

14. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

x jcrew
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I was wondering if I should use shoe trees in my unlined suede shoes. I use them in all my other shoes (except sneakers) but wasn't sure with these since I'm concerned with stretching them out due to them not having lining. Maybe it's a misconception I have about suede stretching out easier than leather. Either way, figured I'd ask.

16. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Senior member

Hey guys,

Got a stain on my Need Supply exclusive Indys last night that I believe is from olive oil while cooking. When I first noticed it I just hit it with a wet cloth, but when it dried and was still there I tried a tiny bit of organic hand soap with the water. Frustrated as hell, I hit the webs and saw people talking about using cornstarch so I put a dab of that on the stain and rubbed in with my finger to create some heat and that didn't work.....next, let the cornstarch sit for an hour and no luck with that either.

Needless to say, I'm pretty damn mad right now and have a water stain as well! What should I try next? All I have at my house is the Alden neutral boot cream and neutral Venetian shoe cream.

I'm gonna beat these guys up over the coming years, but hate having stains with them only a couple days old.

Thanks

[​IMG]

17. justuhgeek

justuhgeek Senior member

I have a pair of suede PTBs and I put trees in them. I don't notice much stretching at all.

Make sure you have the right size trees though. Was sent the wrong sized trees before and noticed that the sides bulged out so I had them switched.

18. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Suede is leather.

1 person likes this.
  19. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

It's definitely softer to the touch and more flexible than 'leather', at least in the Alden shoes I'm talking about. Which is why I asked. But thanks for focusing on semantics rather than the question at hand. It was immensely helpful.

20. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I would try the VSC.
    You will also probably at some point be treating them with Neatsfoot oil or Obenauf's HDLP, which will blend blend in with the oil stain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.