• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first dance with the Hampton last, and dare I speak too soon, but I'm really liking it.

Captoe in color King. Maiden voyage.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Convince me in keeping these Shoemart irregulars?

Picked these calf Aldens recently. What I like: chocolate color, barrie last/fit great, could be waterlock sole (?), super soft leather, would be a good rainy day shoe (I’m afraid to wear shell when there’s a threat of rain).

Negs: metal eyelets more of a casual shoe (not for suits?), have 2 other brown/blucher captoes (1 is a 2160 shell), Barrie last may look a little clunky.
What do all you think?

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first dance with the Hampton last, and dare I speak too soon, but I'm really liking it.

9015 is spectacular! Even better with bar lacing. That is one hell of a shine you are displaying. Here is my best, however, it looks as though you've got me beat

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked these calf Aldens recently. What I like: chocolate color, barrie last/fit great, could be waterlock sole (?), super soft leather, would be a good rainy day shoe (I’m afraid to wear shell when there’s a threat of rain).

Negs: metal eyelets more of a casual shoe (not for suits?), have 2 other brown/blucher captoes (1 is a 2160 shell), Barrie last may look a little clunky.
What do all you think?
Honestly, I just don't like them. The eyelets and grain of the leather just look cheapish to me.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats sazon. Glad you like them because they look awesome. Wear those cap toes in the best of health.

Todd V

Reaction score

What do all you think?

Personally, I wouldn't add it as a third brown shoe just to add antoher shoe. I would, however, wear it as a bad weather shoe and put on a Danite sole when the current sole wears out.

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score

Congrats Sazon. Your 9015s are very classy. These shoes are awesome in black too. If you ever consider a black dress shoe, the 9016 should top the list. wear in good health my friend

Last edited:

i10casual

Reaction score
Have any of you had to move a whole size down when buying the Barrie last? I went a half size down on my Indy and longwings but after a year they just seem too wide.
I'm looking at the navy longwings with brick soul. They look pretty fun and durable.

Last edited:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh lord.. Great looking!
Thank you.

For some reason, the pics I post usually go without compliment. However, this recycled pic always receives praise.

I must concede that because of the lighting or whatever reason, Sazon's pic exhibits superior depth of shine.

Quote: Down .5 and 1 width is the only thing that will work for me. Down a whole size was still too wide when I tried it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads