***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Why not own both? :)

Will be moving to MI at the end of the month! Still no definitely place to live! Down to the wire!

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    I have not own a black ptb since my rotc days

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    best of luck on the move to MI

4. strangebrew

strangebrew Well-Known Member

Thank you. If I decide to buy them, I'll be sure to post pics.

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    cigar tassels
    argyles otc
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013

6. Don L

Don L Senior member

A good day for Cigar indeed!
    beautiful Tassels Uncle

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

8. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Off the top of my head I have 27 pair of Alden plus four more on pre-order. Three pair from my collection have never even been worn and more than a few pair have probably only been worn once or twice!

It may be blasphemy but I really need to STOP BUYING SHOES! I'd really like to pare down and simplify my collection but am too lazy to take the time to take nice pictures and put them online.

Good luck with the housing search. The market in the northern 'burbs along I-75 is quickly turning into a seller's market and if you are interested in rentals in Detroit in Midtown or Downtown, most desirable places actually have waiting lists. Not exactly the real estate news that people expect when they think of Detroit. It's really a strange market here right now.

9. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

Thanks for the confirmation. Really appreciate it. I would never have guessed I sized the same between Barrie and Grant. In fact I think grant is a better fit for me than Barrie (I havn't been able to fully pin Grant down - only know that an 8.5E is a little roomy, and a 7.5E squashes toes a little)

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

dusttruffle: Thanks for the confirmation. Really appreciate it. I would never have guessed I sized the same between Barrie and Grant. In fact I think grant is a better fit for me than Barrie (I havn't been able to fully pin Grant down - only know that an 8.5E is a little roomy, and a 7.5E squashes toes a little)

You are welcome. I actually double-checked with my contact at the Alden factory before my post earlier today. :D

A minority of men will wear the same size in Barrie and Grant. I am not among them.

11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

MP, I got you beat when it comes to the number of shoes (unless you have a number of non-Alden shoes) and I have to pack and drag them for the move! At least I've worn all my shoes :embar:

I put a few up I wouldn't mind parting with; I took quick pictures just to get them up and I can always take better ones after we move.

We're not commiting to a house for now but looking for apartments. Possible opportunities are towards EL so I've been looking at Okemos to avoid the undergrad drunkfest (and potential beer dripping on my shell). I did apply to Henry Ford at Wyandotte and a couple of facilities in Southfield so I think that's closer to your area. If I end up in the Detroit burbs we're thinking of Troy/Birmingham/FH.

12. dusttruffle

I am not totally convinced I can fully understand the width and length relationships ...
    ... My limited experience suggests than for me feet a 7.5E Grant is almost identical to an 8D Barrie - ie both fit snug everywhere except the toe box which is unmanageably tight.

I am not sure if it is just me but the solving of the various sizing riddles is part of the appeal!

13. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Would you mind sharing who has these in stock?

14. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

My numbers don't include a handful of Rancourt, a half dozen Trickers, various Peal & Co....

15. dusttruffle

Harrods, London.
    In the photo I posted they look black, but they are #8. Sadly no 8E in stock though. Beautiful boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.