1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I am not sure how "unintentional" the code is. Especially given the fact that it works for some pairs and not others it seems like they are trying to work through some current and expected inventories

2. sazon

sazon Senior member

These are a must have. Wow. When is the next pre-order on these!!!??!!! The light edge trim and commando soles make this so necessary.

1 person likes this.
  3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I'm pretty sure it will be coming along soon, sazon. Patience, my friend.

4. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

I do appreciate the Color 8 with Antique edging, but I am not sure if I can warrant these since I already have the Color 8 Indy.

5. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Exactly why I am selling (c'mon people!!) my #8 Indys. I prefer the tankers.

6. feyy

feyy Well-Known Member

about a week ago, someone shared photos of a epaulet natty cxl lwb with screwed up right shoes, where the uppers and soles were skewed on an angle.

these are from the recent jcrew "sale," also right shoe:

[​IMG]

7. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

ok.....so I am on the preorder list for the brown CXL tanker/NST from Leathersoul but just saw where Unionmande has the same in natural CXL.....I do not have any tanker/NST boots and no natural CXL.....would you pass on the natural and pick up a brixton style short-wing boot or get both the brown and natural CXL tanker/NST boot?

8. sazon

sazon Senior member

looks crooked, eh? please post some more pics

9. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

With all due respect, I don't see it from this picture.

10. sazon

sazon Senior member

keep thinking...keep thinking...I'm sure you can convince yourself. It's amazing what I've convinced myself of when it comes to Aldens.

11. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I hope someone notices your signature. That is bargain basement prices for those 8.5Cs

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I wish they were 8.5D. No way I could wear a C in a bal.

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I see what you mean. I would just like to be a fly on the wall there one day to see the clowns who are responsible in action.

I think you give them too much credit. The codes or low prices are usually corrected within a day or so, which leads me to believe that they are not intentional. Furthermore, from what I can tell, they don't have much trouble unloading their Alden inventory, with some makeups persistently backordered.

I also don't think that they are aware that there is a whole forum full of Alden arbitrageurs poised to jump on such mispricings, they just don't seem to be that "on point" based on the all the description errors and photo snafus.

Not alden related, but I saw this and had to share. Plenty of denim dialog already takingplace in this thread anyway, so I dont' feel to bad about it. As they say, if you can't beat em, contribute to the problem.

Are these not the most comically oversized rolled cuffs that you have ever seen?

[​IMG]

At the same time, I have to respect that he is not afraid to march to the beat of his own drum.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  14. MickCollins1916

MickCollins1916 Senior member

Thanks! These tassels from JG are on Aberdeen and have antique edge trim. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

I'm sure he's part of a WAYWT thread somewhere with thousands of posts and likes.

16. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

If he really is wearing them like that, then yes, comical yet self-confident . . . but he also might be at a vintage or thrift shop, trying on a great selvedge find that he would then shorten after purchase. Just sayin'!

17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Nope, I was behind him in line at lunch. I snapped the pic on my phone.

18. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Again, talk to your friendly neighborhood JC personal stylist and see if you can lobby for them to honor the prior price less than 24 hours after the change was made. YMMV, but if you ask around enough, you stand a chance of finding a flexible stylist who is glad to get you the reduced price for the sake of their sales numbers and commission. It can't hurt to ask.

19. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

The guy looks utterly ridiculous, confident or not. :D

20. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

If it was a normal 20% discount that happened to apply to aldens by mistake I would do it. But the fact that it was meant solely for cardholders makes me wonder how I should frame the question without being pigeon-holed into signing up for a card (which by the way guys is a bad idea).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.