1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_state

the_state Senior Member

Does anyone know when Alden NYC's (Madison Ave) once-a-year sale kicks in and what the discounts are?

2. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

Does anyone know when Alden NYC's (Madison Ave) once-a-year sale kicks in and what the discounts are?
    This is surely not on all models, right? If so, I would venture that people would just save up for the sale and go nuts instead of paying retail.

3. Ahab

Ahab Distinguished Member

~3 year old Alden #8 PTB - after a quick polish today morning:
    Gorgeous!
    Some pics in afternoon sunlight:

Cigar LWB:

Ravello PTB:

Two more great pairs. How would you rate the versatility of the Ravello PTB's? I feel they would not get much wear, which is odd because I believe my ravello longwings are very versatile.
    ^ Thank you ...

And here is some whiskey for the afternoon -- I am not a big fan of the lighter whiskey shade, but these shoes are darker and they are darkening to a beautiful shade of brown.

(aberdeen last captoe bals in whiskey shell -- my favourite shoe in my collection)

These look great. I agree about the lighter whiskey. These look almost to be ravello.

4. srivats

srivats Distinguished Member

Thanks Ahab!

Two more great pairs. How would you rate the versatility of the Ravello PTB's? I feel they would not get much wear, which is odd because I believe my ravello longwings are very versatile.

I like ravello much more than usual whiskey ... I really like the alden PTB design and I have them in #8/cigar/ravello/scotch grain and wear them a LOT. Ravello PTBs go really well with khakis (which is what I wear mostly) and they also go well with selvage denim. I wore my ravello PTB and LWB alteast once a week this summer, and they looked great.

I'd say cigar>ravello in terms of versatality though. The PTBs are great for displaying the beauty of shell!

5. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Distinguished Member

This is surely not on all models, right? If so, I would venture that people would just save up for the sale and go nuts instead of paying retail.
    NYC store got sale in Feb__ yea, not all models & the ones that are are usually just about $50 off retail [​IMG]

6. aizan

aizan Senior Member

how does sizing run on the lhs? i fit 6.5d in aberdeen and hampton.

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sick.. Tempted to jump back in the water of serious Alden collecting.. [​IMG]

8. srivats

Sick.. Tempted to jump back in the water of serious Alden collecting.. [​IMG]

Do it
    Do it
    Do it

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior Member

Don't forget about the shoes mart factory seconds. I have purchased two from them now and the "mistakes" were minor scuffing on both. You can just return them if they're unacceptable. I got my pair of two stroke indys there for $300 delivered. (It's also awesome to see the vendor exclusives wind up there.)

10. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

Don't forget about the shoes mart factory seconds. I have purchased two from them now and the "mistakes" were minor scuffing on both. You can just return them if they're unacceptable. I got my pair of two stroke indys there for $300 delivered. (It's also awesome to see the vendor exclusives wind up there.)
    More info on these 2nds please? How/when are they available?

11. einhander

einhander New Member

Just got my first pair of Aldens. I got the Indy 405, as I figure thatd be a good start. Sadly no pics, yet, but so far Im enjoying the boot, and breaking them in.

12. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior Member

I got the Indy 405, as I figure thatd be a good start.

thats a great place to start. i was there not too long ago

I'd say cigar>ravello in terms of versatality though. The PTBs are great for displaying the beauty of shell!

i think ravello goes better with more of my wardrobe than cigar. looks good with raw and washed denim, khakis and different colored cotton pants IMO. i agree with you about PTBs being a great canvas to showcase shell characteristics

13. srivats

i think ravello goes better with more of my wardrobe than cigar. looks good with raw and washed denim, khakis and different colored cotton pants IMO. i agree with you about PTBs being a great canvas to showcase shell characteristics

I think cigar is an all-year color ... which is why I gave it the higher rank. But we are nitpicking here - all alden shell colors are great!

14. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior Member

well hey, "which of my $600 shoes looks the best?" is a great problem to have and discuss [​IMG]

15. Kvc06

Kvc06 Distinguished Member

Some pics in afternoon sunlight: Cigar LWB: [​IMG]
    Beautiful! Makes me sad I'll have to settle for a pair of non shell AE longwings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.