1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior Member

2. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Distinguished Member

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think you should look at the Alden 2160 straight tip blucher.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

nephew, looking good, nothing like a plaza last boot with a good shine

4. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior Member

In light of what you already have, and the desire to work with chinos, I'd go for a #8 LHS.

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

This may be a stupid question, but is there any difference between a straight tip and a captoe? I've seen the term used interchangeably several times. Unless you're referring to a punched captoe or something with a medallion, it seems like a straight tip and a captoe are the same thing.

6. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

Has anyone ordered the cap-toe boot from TSM lately? Ordered the 4060 last night in #8 and just got a cancellation saying the style is being discontinued and they were out of stock in my size. Is this a canned response for the online inventory wasn't updated?

7. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior Member

New posting at Leffot:

http://leffot.com/alden-x-leffot-tassel-loafer-and-chukka-boot/

I'm still thinking about pulling the trigger on the tassel loafer. My original thinking was to start with a King tassel, per Uncle's esteemed advice. However, what do you discerning gentlemen think of a tassel in tan suede? For that matter, how much use can one get from a navy suede chukka?

8. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Distinguished Member

I agree, it is confusing and inconsistent. That's why I say Punch Cap / Perf Cap and Straight Tip.

You want to see something really hot?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tassels.HK calls it a "Perforated Straight Tip" to really combine the two and confuse things.

OOOOoooooooooo.... So tempting. Can't justify the price though. Almost $600 after tax.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

Those cigars have a super confusing name, but they are freaking awesome, I'd love a pair of those

10. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Distinguished Member

You and I both. I have inquired and they aren't restocking in the foreseeable...

11. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

I've been keeping an eye out for a navy suede chukka in my size for a while now. I think I would get a lot of use out of it, but then again, I am able to dress pretty casually to the office if I want.

As for those black suede chukkas from Leffot... I think that may be the first time I've actually ever seen black suede from Alden. That make-up is definitely different... but interesting.

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Distinguished Member

I feel like a captoe can refer to different types of cap toes, but the straight tip only refers to one type of captoe.

13. totalair1

totalair1 Senior Member

I think the primary difference is capote is single leather sole, vs . Straight tips are double leather soles, thus more casual.

See Ya,
    Steve

14. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

My preference in order....
    Color 8 tassel moc
    Tan suede tassel moc
    Blue suede chukka

15. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

That cigar perf straight tip has a single sole, so I think your logic is off my friend. Also, Alden's straight tip blucher in black calf only has a single leather sole.
    http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...ight_tip_blucher_oxford_calfskin_modifie.html

I believe the straight tip is simply a type of cap toe, hence the listing of Alden's straight tips under TSM's Cap toe category. Straight tips are probably a simple cap line without broguing.
    See ya Steve... RTP [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.