• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olifter

Reaction score

He didn't have a photo of the interior sizing/lettering/numbering on the auction?

I really hate the ebayers that try to "adjust" the size for uneducated people in the listing - can't tell you how many pairs of Barrie shoes I've found where the listing title says 11.5, only to find that they're actually a "tagged 11" later on. I need the dang tagged 11.5 people; if they don't fit me after that it's my fault.

Is the guy going to take them back given that the auction was clearly faulty?

Some sellers post the same pair of shoes under two different sizes, at the same time, with a buy it now. Or, if there is bidding, when one of them hits a given bid, they pull the other.

With the Barrie, it's not a bad idea to check the auctions 1/2 size above and below.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I won the bid on the Cigar LWB's. I am looking forward to getting them. Over the last several weeks I have purchased new color 8 LHS, pair of Cigar full strap penny loafers, Cigar NST and Black PTB's. I have the AE PA in burgundy shell also. I have used the "Mac method" and it works to perfection. 

welcome to the forum
looking forward to your postings

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some sellers post the same pair of shoes under two different sizes, at the same time, with a buy it now. Or, if there is bidding, when one of them hits a given bid, they pull the other.

With the Barrie, it's not a bad idea to check the auctions 1/2 size above and below.
All good points sir. I never hesitate to contact the seller and ask for a pic of the sizing designation script inside of a shoe, or simply what size does the box say. I've bought items on eBay where many sellers will exchange phone #'s so I can ask every question that I can think of about an item.

Last edited:

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look good BC, wish I could get a pair from TSM...buggers.
Btw, you're hard on your heels too. Just had my snuff chukka heels replaced a few weeks ago. Now they're good as can be.
:slayer:

Who did the work for you? I need to do my 403s too but i have yet to find someone i'd be willing to do the work in the GTA

mcass

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Alden makes the tan suede Dover in the Leydon last? Or just Barrie?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
90% of everything is barrie.

alden just doesnt have a great selection in it's stores/sites, very limited.

Kinda sad, if you dont want something on barrie, then the only chance you have to get it is through group MTO (they even cut off individual MTO this year/last year). and even when you order it, it can take a year or more for the order to be fulfilled. (unlike carmina or vass where its 2-3 months)

makes me sad because I would order from them a lot more if not for the above problems.

Last edited:

mcass

Reaction score
That's a shame. I've given up on Barrie. Just sold my last 2 Barrie shoes recently. I just find the Leydon to be such a sleeker last. Maybe I'll just have to skip the Dover and grab the 1494s.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's a shame. I've given up on Barrie. Just sold my last 2 Barrie shoes recently. I just find the Leydon to be such a sleeker last. Maybe I'll just have to skip the Dover and grab the 1494s.

Given up on it because of fit or lack of sleekness or both? Just curious ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads