1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Love that makeup from FB.
    Just ordered the chukka from Harrison. Thanks to the OP for pointing these out.

2. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Kinda of funny we were talking about BB models of Alden shoes in comparison to Alden shoes.

I looked at BB's inventory and it doesn't seem like they're carrying some of Alden's popular makeups: long wings and chukkas in color 8.

3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Well-Known Member

Update: just received email that my size is sold out. Oh well, the hunt continues.

4. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

I just refreshed the page and it looks like they updated the inventory so only 4 sizes are left. That makes my decision much easier as my size is now gone as well.

5. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

I've never seen BB sell either shoe. They traditionally sell "dress shoes" when it comes to cordovan - balmorals, captoe and plain toe bluchers, full strap and tassel loafers, etc.

6. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

Union Hill Indy boots just arrived from Need Supply. Beautiful.

Funny thing is that my wife, who thinks all my shoes look the same mentioned that she thought the heel (270 welt) looks a bit "feminine" compared to the Epaulet Milkshake boots I recently sold (360 welt). I was surprised she noticed the welt difference at all.

Thoughts on the 270 vs 360 on the Indy boot? I suppose there has to be a reason why Alden usually goes 270 it on this model...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

8. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Well-Known Member

I don't know if I would call the 270º "feminine, but I can see the 360º welt as being more rugged so I can see where your wife is coming from. Personally, I prefer the look of the 270 in most instances.

9. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

IME women do this as a subtle way of making you rethink the purchase and return the item -- without telling you to do so.

I think that boot is beautiful and the rest of the design is very masculine.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  10. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

These look awesome!

11. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Ravello PTB today.

Sidenote: There's an interesting article today on CNN ("Pajamas in Public") about the acceptance of sloppy dressing in public that has grown in the US. It deals mainly with clothing, but I think it can easily be extended to men's footwear.

Look sharp gentlemen ( I know you all do!)
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

Those Ravellos definitely look lighter than the chukkas I recently returned.

13. thams

thams Well-Known Member

Quote:It's the good ol' red ravello. On a sidenote, I found myself worrying that the new cigar ct boots from DC will be so dark that they'll be difficult to tell apart from color 8. Then I remembered that they lighten with age and sun exposure. If they turn out too dark (for me) I'll just set them by a window until I like the results. I know, first world problems.

14. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

This is from the Spring 2011 Ravello harvest. Horses must have been fed a lighter fare in those days. Get it, lighter?
    Ah, forget it.

2 people like this.
  15. Alpina

Alpina Well-Known Member

They sure do. Looking forward to getting mine. And yeah--I don't think I'll be stripping them after all....

16. docalden2013

docalden2013 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the UH Indys. I still regret having hesitated on the trigger pull. I hope you enjoy them! Don't forget to spray them with the Tarrago stuff...

It depends on the way I'm wearing the boot. I like the 360 for my rugged, mud kicking cxl indys on commando. I prefer the 270 on the Churchill Indys that are a bit dressier and gentler (not delicate at all imho).

I think your interpretation about the subliminal communication from our spouses is hilarious.

We're all manly guys here, although my kenneth cole-wearing friend said that he never feels so manly as when he's around me with my colored shoe laces, cute socks and horsehair brushing [​IMG]

17. docalden2013

docalden2013 Well-Known Member

+1. Very excited for the weather to thaw here in the northeast. My leffot king dovers haven't touched pavement yet. Can't wait to see the wrinkles develop in March and April.

18. thebeebs

thebeebs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ravello LWB (Alden SF make-up)

3 people like this.
  19. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

You both are making Ravello look good. Have a good one and keep it up!

20. GooseG

GooseG Well-Known Member

All this balmoral talk is bittersweet. After some trial and error, I simply can not make the Hampton last work in my size.

If any 9D guys are looking for a pair of 9015s (#8 PCT), let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.