***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

a job well done

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

^^^This^^^

(That Saphir Cordovan Cream could literally make a turd shine)

Of course brushing and buffing are also two of the main active ingredients in every good shine.

^^^This^^^

Noice combo. Specially the pantalon.

3. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

These - 974 and 9741 - are marked incorrectly, and are not on the Grant.. I am 100% sure of it. They are on the Tremont. I have emailed them in the past about it, to no avail.

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I received an email from Yenni today at Alden Carmel. He is currently accepting (very limited) preorders for a color 8 NST boot on the Plaza. Not sure if its double leather sole though.

5. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

beautiful lwbs.
    I like that picture. great colors, great boots.
    nice look rtp, that's a confident combo right there, I like the brooks brothers patchwork pants.
    AWESOME boots uncle. not fair.
    confident combo there mp. very nice work.
    nice looking saddles. bold combinations.
    off the market for sure. I wish I had a pair.
    great looking sw uncle. perfect as usual.

6. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

B] Fok's edit: I'm sorta sick of this guy, so I edited out the quoted text. Essentially, when he was informed of his infractions, he decided to insult the mod, who was just doing his job, and gave some BS story about how he may or may not have been shilling his own sales. So he was booted. End of story.

Wow.

"He explained that he used Style Forum more to read about and learn than to write and sell items."

However...

"...he informed me that 98% of his time was spent in the Alden Thread and that he was a very reliable seller, who always sold top quality items and made sure that his products were well kept and shipped immediately."

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013

7. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

sazon, thank you vey much sir.

8. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Thank you Uncle.

9. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Elbow power my-man (and definitely view the Mac Method you tube video). Mine are nice shoes but they were definitely abused as I had no idea of what shell cordovan was when I brought them used off of ebay. My instinct was to shine, shine, shine. If I can get these shoes to pop, there is definitely hope for your AE's.

Thanks mcarthur. Again, it was your you tube video that gave me the instruction and confidence to see this through. I would have never ever thought of applying a damp cloth to good shoes as a regular method of cleaning. Additionally, it made me feel less silly about my purchase of a deer bone. When I did it, it reeked of desperation but I very glad I took the plunge.

^^^This^^^

(That Saphir Cordovan Cream could literally make a turd shine)

Of course brushing and buffing are also two of the main active ingredients in every good shine.

I'm going to take your word on the turd thing :), but you have been consistent in your advice on brushing and buffing. They are definitely key.

10. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

Thank you very much

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013

11. 100 yrs

100 yrs Senior member

just an fyi - Yenni is a woman and works at J. Gilbert (Adam is the fellow that runs AoC, and he helps J. Gilbert with their orders). If I had to guess, I'd say the boots are on commando sole as this is one of the shop's "standard" makeups. I have the plain toe version.

12. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

^ it seems context and leffots versions also have commando soles

13. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

All if this is correct. The plaza last color 8 nst

Thos boot is one of j gilbert's standard make-ups and every time I have seen it, it comes on commando, not double leather, sole.

In fact, just weeks ago j Gilbert received a run of these boots in store that it had ordered last Winter. I do not know if every pair j Gilbert received was pre- sold, so anyone interested in this boot may benefit from calling to ask if the store has his size in stock.

I participated in this preorder, and the boots are magnificent. The Nst style looks great on the plaza last, and the color 8 color on the boots I received was uniform and deep. Personally, I prefer the commando sole on boots - allows them to be functional in bad weather and the low profile of this sole - unlike a vibram sole, for example - makes them almost as dressy as double leather sole. In case it is not clear, I am very pleased with this particular make-up.

uote name="100 yrs" url="/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/55410#post_6481300"]
    just an fyi - Yenni is a woman and works at J. Gilbert (Adam is the fellow that runs AoC, and he helps J. Gilbert with their orders). If I had to guess, I'd say the boots are on commando sole as this is one of the shop's "standard" makeups. I have the plain toe version.[/quote]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013

14. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I like the commando sole and appreciate its ruggedness. I just don't require ruggedness in my current environment.

15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

It is on the commando.

Yenni at JGilbert is a pleasure to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.