1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Interesting comment Bakes. Henry George once proposed the "single tax" more than 100 years ago for that exact rationale.

2. ReppTiePrepster

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

I've heard of them but thought they only made yoga pants for women. I didn't realize they made stuff for guys also or that any of their stuff was in such high demand

I did that over the winter. Have a new pair of unlined snuff suede chukkas and a pair of unlined tan suede Dovers sitting in the closet waiting for the seasons to change.

4. ReppTiePrepster

Thank you. Not that I am aware of... I've seen a few lightly used pairs for auction on ebay. It would be pretty easy to send them to B Nelson and have dainite soles installed. I may actually do that when the time comes.

5. Vicious49

Vicious49 Well-Known Member

So I was supposed to receive 2 boxes yesterday - a pair of Ravello chukkas and a pair of the Kudu chukkas. I wanted see both in person, see which fit me better, and then decide which I wanted to keep. Well now UPS isn't even giving me any type of anticipated delivery date for either package. Damn snowstorm couldn't have waited 1 more day!

6. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

Awesome LWB's and slacks Don L. Thanks for the shell pic my brother.

1 person likes this.
  7. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

+1

8. BeSpiffington

Your very welcome my friend. It's always good to read your incisive and informative posts. I've been wearing my Leffot Innsbruck CXL Indy's a couple of three times a week to work and really like the comfort and strength of this Horween leather. I'm thinking possibly a suede Alden full-strap, if such a make-up exists, for the spring and summer.

9. aldenwear

If the eBay sellers were selling their goods, the prices being charged plainly were not "inflated" - people are happy to pay it. And one would think the ebay sellers were successful, if your hypothesis is correct, bwcause if the eBay sellers were not successful, one would think they would stop selling and Lulemon's "problem" would be corrected. Sounds to me like Lulemon only has itself to bblame for its perceived situation and Iis approaching it in a self-defeating way.

10. aldenwear

Alden makes as a stock model a dark suede monk if that is what you mean. If so, check any of the alden co. Stores or Citishoes in nyc. If you mean the loafer that has a formal look to it, I think there is a dark suede version of that too. I think Ben silver sells that. I cannot recall if that is a stock model. If so, again, the co. Stores in NYC, DC and San Francisco would have, or be able to order it for you. Happy hunting.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  11. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Apt choice of words. [​IMG]

12. Roguls

Roguls Well-Known Member

Haven't really worn them since the fall - this winter has been unrelenting. I'll consider cleaning them up and snapping some pics this week.

13. BeSpiffington

Aldenwear, you are the bomb fountain of useful information. I'll check these resources out. Thanks much!

14. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

I just got my 975s in the mail. They look sweet and fit perfect. This is a great shoe!

Quick Question: Can I wear these with a navy suit to a wedding? Just curious...

1 person likes this.
  15. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Cannot believe there are folks here who have not heard of LuLu Lemon. WTF is your wife wasting money on?? [​IMG]

I do have to admit that until he recent debacles that it was one of my best perfuming stocks over the last 24 months

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

I've worn LWB with suits to weddings. I think it works great.

17. BeSpiffington

ABSOLUTELY!

18. ATLVol

ATLVol Well-Known Member

someone recently posted a picture of brown CXL wingtip boot from Alden SF....good luck

19. tampatravel

tampatravel Well-Known Member

Well.....then they will be worn...with a Eggplant tie and coordinated pocket square!

Thanks fellas

1 person likes this.
  20. BeSpiffington

Noice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.