1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

IIRC, Alden Madison has a perforated captoe boot in brown cxl. Alden SF has wt boots in brown cxl, double leather sole. And finally, Adam at AofCarmel has a preorder for a brown cxl wingtip boot on commando.

Also, you could also look into Viberg, who has a preorder for a similar boot via Leffot. Their 2030 last sizes the same way a Barrie does.

Brown cxl rant over. I'm still processing how I held myself together with brown boot purchases while awaiting the cigar shell ct grant boot to come in.

Happy hunting!

2. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Thanks, Doc. Looks like I have some research to do. Gotta move some boots, first.

Edit: You're right, Doc. All those brown CXL boots are available. The wingtip isn't in stock in my size. It's funny because whenever I visit either of those sites I go directly to the shell cordovan page, haha. I've been missing out on a lot of cool makeups! LOL

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  3. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

My pleasure tifosi. Definitely a good combo. I for one am not going to waste all the excellent detective work Doc has been doing on CXL availability.

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Me either! Just edited my above post. He was right about them all.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

6. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

Ha that is hilarious- that company is trying very hard to erode brand loyalty. $10k worth of yoga pants might be better spent elsewhere, perhaps a long term investment in horse arse

1 person likes this.
  7. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

1 person likes this.
  8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That's exactly what I was thinking! I guess it speaks to how out of shape I am because I have never heard of that company. haha

9. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I think what initiated this was that their customers were finding it difficult to buy merchandise at their stores and on their website because it was out of stock and being sold on eBay for an inflated price.

10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Must be some good work out clothes.....

11. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Roguls,
    Just curious...have you posted a recent update of your cigar plain toe boots recently? They are such a perfect makeup.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ good to know the genesis of the policy. in that case im with lulu

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

13. Don L

Don L Senior member

Needed some Whiskey after that storm...

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Looking good, buddy.

15. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

Yah, that's a nice boot. High on my list.

16. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

17. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Not especially, extremely overpriced in my opinion, but that is part of the appeal. It has a certain status/exclusivity to it. Very in demand right now. They actually started selling sort of non-work out clothes, so that people who don't work out can also feel like they are cool because they wear lulu lemon.

I don't think they are trying to stop every person that buys 1 item and then sells it on eBay for whatever reason. I think they are trying to prevent those that buy $1,000's worth of items and resells on eBay for a profit, on a repeat basis.

They probably want to manage their own brand experience. That's why they have retail locations instead of adopting an indirect distribution model.

Sorry for going off topic, I didn't post the article and when an off topic article is posted it is likely not the posters intent for it to be ignored. You have to expect that others might respond to it. I don't really care about lulu lemon, i'm just trying to explain my understanding of the situation to those who seem like they could be confused by it.

18. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Sorry to hear about the wt boot sizing. Maybe Adam can get an extra pair reordered for you?

I've glossed over the casual offerings on Alden sites during my shell fiendings. I try to do a comprehensive scour of sites once a month in case there is an interesting makeup to add to my to-buy list. Don't forget to shop for suede for the spring and summer :)

Be, it's been a long time, my friend. I hope all is well with you. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your cxl magic.

Oh, one more thing on cxl: there are lots of offerings if you're willing to stray from Alden: many on this thread have gotten into Oak Street Bootmakers, who have brown and natty offerings in both plain toe and perf toe. I'm getting into Viberg after a leffot impulse buy last Xmas. There's talk on the Viberg thread lately about a possible cxl mto. Good luck and happy spending!

19. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

The 2145 looks awesome. Is anyone aware of a variant with a non-leather sole?

20. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Preachin' to the choir, my friend![​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.