1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I appreciate the lengthy response.

The LWB would be to replace the Aberdeen. As you've noted, AE lasts aren't for everyone. I've gotten rid of all my AEs except the Aberdeens. They seem to fit me best out of all the AEs I've owned but still not as good as the Barrie last. Granted I've only worn the Dovers for an extended period of time but those are perfect for my feet. I'll confirm that when these chukkas arrive tomorrow. That's the main reason I'm considering replacing them with the LWB.

The 2 pics you recommended both appear to be shell. Of non shell versions, would you recommend this Leffot makeup or is there others that you prefer more that you think would be more versatile. I should note that I really do like the mini lug sole on this Leffot makeup since it means I can wear them without fear in sun or rain.

2. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

Sorry, I wish I knew. Talk to the wonderful folks at Alden SF. Very patient and very helpful.

3. Mutombo

Mutombo Senior member

If they were 12D's I'd be all over them. Good luck w/the sale.

4. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

Really? Those Need Supply Indys look great, but the Jcrew captoe is a much better boot in my opinion (even though they're two different types of boots).

5. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

+1

6. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

7. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

no comparison between J Crew cordovan captoe and suede Indys. Good luck with your decision.

8. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

^ I would agree not to get a suede Indy over the J Crew shell cap toe (if it works for you). I've had luck with some Barrie makeups, but something was off on the J Crew boot for me. After trying similar TTS Grant versions of the boot, my search was over.

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Maybe the guy just wants a light suede boot and not a burgundy cordovan boot :wow:

That said, over the long run, the J Crew boot is one of the best regularly produced models from Alden

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. iDoc

iDoc Senior member

Thanks guys. No dice on any of those options. CitiShoes did say that they may be getting a restock in 4-8 months.

11. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Fitchie, I'm with you: I dig that suede Indy, I love the trubalance, and find the j.crew boot to be not as amazing as everyone else. If you wear more SWD stuff, the Indy is awesome. It has a unique look, unlike the j.crew which 98% of Americans will think are Bass or Johnston Murphy or Cole Haan....

12. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

We'll never mind.. The 11.5 sold. Oh we'll not meant to be :)

13. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

If you're looking for a more casual make-up I really like the Chrmxl LWB in either natural (Unionmade) or dark brown (Leffot). I do not own either because I had already purchased the dark brown calf and tobacco waxed LWB from J Crew years ago (my first pairs of Alden). Both can be worn casually but are dressier than the chrmxl versions. I like the commando soles much more than I would have originally guessed.

Not sure what your size is, but sizes are limited in the chrmxl LWB.

14. Shouldaville

15. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Totally agree. "like new," to me, means that you bought them, maybe tried them on, and that's about it. Anything more and its been worn, and it is now used. Used once is still used.

16. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

17. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  18. Shouldaville

^ After posting my comment, I deleted because I have an Epaulet shoe listed that has some minor shop wear (but was sold as new). Worn on the streets is different though, and eBay/PayPal (like Amazon) will refund almost anything if a buyer complains now, so just be careful on the details.

19. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Looks like a pretty decent price. Too bad they're not an 8.5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.