***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Quote:That is elegantly simple. Ingenius. If you have additional to provide, I will take you up on that. I will send you pm.

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

3. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Agreed. Thanks again for the LS Jumpers. Just waiting for sub 90° temp and sub 100% humidity to start wearing them again.

Tellason 16.5oz Ankara.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013

4. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Love the Ravello LWBs!

My pleasure, sir! Looking forward to seeing more photos when the weather changes.

5. green garden

green garden Senior member

I am not a fan of tassels but I think I can see myself wearing these. Nice catch Mr. Guy!

6. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

When buying boots such as the naval boot by leffot, have forum members found the need to go with their usual barrie size or did you find the need to go a half size up from barrie. Request Naval boot owners sharing their experience on sizing. Thank you.

7. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

I exchanged my Naval boots that were ordered in my barrie size for a pair in my tts which is a half size up from my barrie(LWB) size. I've read on this thread that some people do and some people don't have to go tts. It's a matter of personal preference and which boot size works better for you.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013

8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Well said. It seems that a small number/percentage of folks need to size up to TTS for Barrie *boots*, but its very rare to hear the need to go TTS with Barrie *shoes*.

I always wear a half size down from my measured/brannock size in Barrie shoes (PTB, LWB). However like you, I sized up to TTS for my Barrie lasted jcrew PCT boots.

The lesson here is that the only foolproof sizing advice is to try them on.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013

9. Rishi Kakar

Thank you very much

10. Rishi Kakar

Thank you very much

11. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Indubitably!

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Is that what "only necessary" means? I always thought it was for when your shoes looked dull. For instance, you would do it once a year to bring the shine up.

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I was in the Bay Area for a long weekend and visited the SF store for the first time. As expected, absolutely no exotic shell and Robert (nice guy) said that none is expected for at least the rest of this year. I needed another pair of boots for the rest of the summer so ended up buying the unlined flex welt snuff chukka.

Wore them the next day and was at a Starbucks waiting for my espresso when this cutie got her coffee and walked by saying "wow, nice shoes!". Other than some friends, strangers never comment on my shoes (except for my nat CXL Indy's once). Made my day!

14. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Definitely good advice. The only variation I added was to clean with a little Lexol before starting. From that point it was just water and brushing. Pretty amazing to think (for a novice like me) that we can somehow make shoes that can be shined and cared for with no polish. Here's the results so far....

[​IMG]

The lighting really doesn't do them justice as they really have a nice shine to them. All with not one bit of polish. I will continue this method and even try the dear bone once it arrives, but I am truly blown away with this less is more concept. I can certainly see why people pay a premium for shell. Again, thanks.

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Nice! An close up outdoor pic with natural sun would be great if you have a chance. Loos like a great shine you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.