1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Hey-I've got lots of cowboy boots...costing a lot more money than Alden's. I don't knock any of the shoes worn on this forum. Why do you feel it necessary to talk smack about cowboy boots? Cowboy boots serve a useful function across the world...anywhere where cattle and horses are raised you see cowboy boots. While certainly not on this forum...many people wear their footwear everywhere they go. Dressing up for them is putting on a pair of jeans and cowboy boots without having horse and cow poop all over them.

In fact many people would make fun of us if they knew how much we spent on Alden's, or wardrobes in general. I'm just saying whatever footwear somebody chooses does not mean it's dreadful. This forum features lots of questionable and dreadful choices made by it's members....wardrobe or otherwise.

See Ya,
    Steve

2. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Not appropriate for thread so apologies all but it is my strong understanding that some of your statements are just flat out incorrect, at best. I will stick up for Dallas though - in my experience a well-dressed and sophisticated city, this coming from a guy with significant NYC bias.

3. PeterL

PeterL Senior member

Hey gentleman may I ask what's the retail price for cigar, whiskey shell LWB?

4. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

The Ravello and Cigar LWB from Alden on Madison were $740 a pair. Delivery in the April-June 2014 is anticipated.

See Ya,
    Steve

5. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I agree there's a lot of issues with how animals are treated...worldwide. I have no doubts there's other info out there that would shoot holes in what I've said. All I'm saying is to the best of my knowledge...the hides for the boots I wear came from legit sources and met import requirements in place when the hides were imported. That would apply to all hides, regardless of species. My point being is I do care about humane treatment of animals. P.S.-I don't own any fur coats.

Dallas/Ft.Worth area is honestly one of the widest variance I've seen in what people wear. Everything from the best suits and footwear, to flip flops. However the scenery is very good...specially in the summer! By the way I love NYC, an awesome place! I've been there many times.

See Ya,
    Steve

6. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Whiskey LHS. I've seen a few here and there (ebay, marketplace) and missed out on the run by skyvalet. I am still holding out hope..

I don't know if I would pay a huge premium for them. I think $750-800 is more than enough.

7. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

my #4 from ashland

[​IMG]

8. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Correct - Horween will continue making #4. What I remember hearing was the Alden are not going to continue using it.

9. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

10. halfnhalfnhalf

Hey, I resemble that remark.

11. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

All this talk of #4 makes me want to put my Color 4 Cap Toe boots on eBay.

Of course, forum rules would prohibit me from promoting said item, so no one here would likely discover it...

In all seriousness, all you people who think Color 4 is supreme don't own any.

Color 8 is King. End of story.

12. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I have no real desire for color 4. Much prefer ravello and cigar over color 4.

3 people like this.
  13. thams

thams Senior member

And what's your size again? :D

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I am still depressed over losing out on those #4 Chukkas last summer. In a more casual makeup like that it was a perfect pop of color

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Ashland?

16. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I missed that auction. My ceiling on #4 is embarrassingly high.

17. halfnhalfnhalf

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  18. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

speaking of non shoe shell, can anyone recommend a good #8 shell watch band (2 piece, not a nato)? 22mm. I've seen a few here and there, but can't really ever find reviews.

19. coinopcollector

coinopcollector Senior member

My Ashland wallet is made from "marbled" shell. Anyone ever see any company make a marbled shell shoe?[​IMG]
    Color 8 is king.

20. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I had mine made from Aaron at Combat straps.
    http://www.combat-straps.com/
    Sorry for the terrible phone pic from my hotel room.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.