1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Interesting, that must be wear the Cape Cod Collection shoes come from. Most of the shoes they show are horse bit loafers. I have a Alden Cape Cod Horse Bit loafer... :)

-Mike

3. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Ouch. How did you do that, with the end/side of a brush handle? I'm curious to see how mitigated this damage can be. Keep us updated.

4. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

Alden's Cape Cod Collection is indeed made by Highland

5. mdubs

Unfortunately, I have done that before as well. I have done it two ways... Once with my finger nail when I was gripping the brush. The second, as you alluded to is with the edge of the brush which can be caused by brushing with excess force or not paying enough attention or getting carried away... :)

-Mike

6. mdubs

Went Ravello LWBs on Wednesday... I am a little behind. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It rained today, so I went with my beater shoes. Which is an older Allen Edmonds Burgundy Shell Wingtip.

-Mike

3 people like this.
  7. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Yes, I have done this both of the ways you have mentioned (did not mean to have a pejorative sounding initial inquiry.) . Its an awful feeling. But really, I think its bound to happen. If you consider it as a subset of all brush stokes, it happens less than 0.0001% of the time, if not less.

8. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

twas an overzealous nail.. I was on the phone with a client, watching tv, and brushing vigorously.

before

[​IMG]

I'm content with the results. just brush, touch of a VSC, and some more brushing. little micro polish at the the end

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. mdubs

Looking good there. In a few wears and subsequent brushings, it will fade even further...

10. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

They look fine now. I've done the same thing before, and have found that a lot of brushing usually takes care of it. Great shoes BTW. I love ravello PTBs.

11. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

An 8.5 Church Hill Indy back in stock at Need Supply ($473 with febstyle10 ).

12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I don't.

13. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

^ ditto. What's wrong with these people...

14. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Did you hit the shoe with the wooden part of the brush? When my dumb ass has done the very same thing I massage the wound on the horse heiney leather with a finger dipped in either Saphir Reno or that VSC stuff everybody thinks is the magic shoe lotion. Next its on to the dreaded "deer bone". Consult a YouTube video on how to best use the dreaded deer bone if your totally clueless, not you KWL, and always remember, "their shoes not Renbrandts". To prevent this from happening in the future it's best if one moderates his or her's alcohol intake while brushing. Leave the straight single-malt scotch and brushing to veterans like sazon.

15. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Perhaps the market is driving this decision?

16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I think whiskey with a black edge trim would look quite odd

17. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I really only prefer the antique edge for cigar and whiskey shell, and maybe with some of this newer, darker ravello that looks more like cigar. However, judging from this thread, the antique edge has significantly grown in popularity, especially with color 8. Maybe we are not representative of the larger Alden-wearing population??

oh, and btw, I do not go sockless with either the color 8 LWB or PTB. Though I have done it with my tassel mocs in color 8.

18. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I tried to envision with dark brown edge and I suppose it is doable but not preferable.

19. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

Hey, does anyone know what the status is for the LS Color 8 Pitt Boot? Has it been confirmed for production? I believe the preorder was back in January '13, although I was able to get on it in October '13.

Also, is Alden willing to resole shoes that have had flush metal toe taps put on them?

20. mdubs

I really hope this is not their plan. I really love the depth and richness added by the antique edging. Plus, I really find it entertaining when I get asked if my shoes are made of wood. Anyone else been asked that before?

-Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.