1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Something a little unique today.
    This is a makeup that Leather Soul did a while back.
    Color 8 Nassau Blucher
    270 deg flat welt (wheeled)
    4 eyelet
    Single leather sole
    They do seem to crease a lot, but I think that is attributed to having one less pair of eyelets than the traditional 990.
    They are lined.

nephew,
    looking good, enjoy wearing

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, good shine on your nst boots

4. Hill

Hill Senior member

Gentlemen, hoping for some advice on a pair of cordovan boots. I've worn these about a dozen times and it appears there's an issue with the welt stitching on the left boot. Check out the two photos below. The first is the left boot with the issue, and the second is the right boot for comparison. Also, the welt on the left boot seems to be coming apart from the sole slightly.

My questions is this. Assuming that the fix for the issues is to have the welt replaced, which to my understanding can only be done a finite amount of times before having to replace the boots altogether, would you recommend wearing these until a full Alden re-sole/re-craft is needed or having the repair done now? I want to get as much mileage out of these as possible before using up one of my welt replacements, but also don't want to damage them beyond repair (e.g. water seeping into the welt, insole, etc. due to separation from the sole) by wearing them and waiting to have the repair done at a later time.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Absolutely.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Currently on the bay.

6. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

If you're having trouble finding shoes in EE, going up half-a-size in E could be the answer, though you can always order the stock models from Alden.

The first time I was at Moulded Shoe, the owner told me that going up half-a-size in D can give a pretty similar fit to the standard length in E for the Modified last, especially since the E-width boot should be a bit longer than the D-width version. I've found this to be more or less true for Barrie and TruBalance as well, though of course this depends on your foot. I don't have any experience with the wider-than-E shoes, but I'd imagine they scale analogously from E as E does from D.

7. sazon

sazon Senior member

Good evening brothers.

The horrendous Northeast Winter has not stopped me from enjoying my shell indoors.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

LOL, Alden is a good virus.

I infected two friends, who have each bought Indy boots in the last week!

9. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Me likey your LWB's sazon. Can you give me some details on what looks like a real nice pinstripe suit? If it's a custom-made super 160's wool with a touch of cashmere pm me so I won't have scream with outrageous jealousy all over this thread.

10. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Nicely played. Excellent evidence for how an elegant, well-shined lwb can serve as an excellent complement to a suit.

11. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Natural CXL Indy. Going strong after two years.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

Almost looks like ravello in this pic[​IMG]

13. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

beautiful boot. shame ive worn mine maybe 3 times [​IMG]

14. thams

thams Senior member

If you're an 8.5D and looking to offload them...

15. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

If you're ever thinking of selling.. a certain tie guy from TO would give you his first born.. :happy:

16. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Nice patina on those Indy's sir. Me thinks the natty cxl's from Moulded Shoe are calling my name.

17. coinopcollector

coinopcollector Senior member

I feel your angst. I did the same on the 10D. Oops, meant to do a quote. Referring to the pass on the ravello captoes from DC.

18. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

it does! A little of Saphir Reno and lots of brushing.

thank you, one day I'll try Modified last as well. I really like the shape from the pictures.

19. AldenKappa

AldenKappa Active Member

Are the CXLs as comfortable as I have heard? I am looking at pulling the trigger on Alden Plain-Toe Chromexcel Blucher in dark brown calfskin. Barrie Last. Flex Welt. Any feedback on the CXL or this shoe is appreciated.

20. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

CXL is made from cowhide and horsehide, but not calf. Your shoe is likely cowhide.

I don't have any experience with Alden's CXL bluchers, but my Alden CXL boots are very comfortable as are my Barrie lasted boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.