1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Love the monks with the argyles Uncle.

2. BeSpiffington

jkiu, nice PTB's sir. Whiskey shell and powder laces blue make a great color combo.

3. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

Did any of you pre-order the navy CXL Indy boots from Unipair? I love to see pics of these in the wild when they become available. Wish I had the extra money to spend on a pair, but I already have the brown CXL Indys so couldn't justify it.

4. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I haven't used it on white, but I have used it on a very very light blue suede, and I can confirm that it didn't change the color one bit. I was curious when I did it, so I did one shoe - let it dry and then compared them.

5. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I am looking for a pair of non-suede 'dress-y' chukka. Currently looking at these Alden and RL Saunders and wait for either one of them to have a sale. :)

6. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

I got the Natural ones coming today... Can;t wait to see how they fit.

7. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Thanks man. I googled images of the saddles and an ebay auction came up with your name back in December. I'm guessing you decided to keep them?? When I saw your sale I thought maybe it was one of those interesting pairs of shell that don't get much wear or attention and that's why you sold them. I suppose you had a change of heart.

8. jkiu

jkiu Active Member

Thank you!

9. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Alden does make some 270 degree storm welted boots.

[​IMG]

Frankly, I don't like the look, as it appears more messy at the welt/heel seat junction.

Just my opinion, but I think they should 360 degree welt the pairs that have a storm welt, and use flat welts for the 270 degree models.

10. blackboard_knowledge

blackboard_knowledge Senior member

I called and got an update on the Union Hill Indy boot at Need Supply. The posting on their website was premature, as --no surprises for an Alden boot-- there were quality issues. So it sounds that as opposed to releasing potentially flawed products, Need Supply is working things out with Alden, and there is no clear date for their release.

There are still a few pics of them if you search Google Images. As you noted, they are much lighter than snuff, so they may not be for everyone.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Please excuse the large cuff as the inseam on these PBJ's is crazy long and I haven't had a chance to have them shortened yet.

Chamois LWB's today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I have Indys (including the model pictured) in 270 and 360. I probably prefer the 270.

13. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

... enter ShoeMart seconds lists

14. MoneyWellSpent

I would pick a 270 as well, assuming I had the choice of a flat welt. It is a bit of a trade-off. The bulky welt/heel seat junction leading into a tight heel does admittedly still look more refined than a 360 welt. I just think that a flat welt is a win-win in this case.

That said, a darker storm welt that blends in with the upper better would probably make me happy enough. The natural colored welt contrasting against the darker upper is what makes the junction so apparent.

15. MoneyWellSpent

Unfortunately, I don't even think they are leather board. They are fiberboard (Texon).

I had the same stance as you with this before I found out that they automatically replace the insoles at each resoling. But, doing so will shorten the overall lifespan of the boot, which I find unfortunate.

16. ReppTiePrepster

17. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

If you time it right, you can find the RL Saunders down in the $250 range.
    RL Give is Style is usually in April.
    RL Private sale is usually soon after.

18. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Thank you....The color 8 Alden is sublime but a bit North of what I would want to spend for a pair of footwear right now. But never say never. :)

Thanks...I am also hoping the Shoe Bank has my size in the upcoming Feb sales.

19. ReppTiePrepster

A fine point, but as your "workboot" (Indy) gets some wear, the light color of the welt doesn't usually stay light. I picked up my first Indy a couple of months ago on sale and I also thought the contrast looked a little odd. But after a handful of wears this winter, the welt has darkened some. They look really good now, imo.

20. BeSpiffington

How dare you say such uncomplinentary things about the Innsbruck Indy. Don't you know that here on the SF Alden thread we're all just mindless sycophants who buy anything with Alden printed on it and we never express personal opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.