1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ravello full strap
    argyles otc

2. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

You're not serious, right? There are so many interesting leathers besides shell

3. coinopcollector

coinopcollector Senior member

100 % serious. I'm not into exotics or skinny European lasted shoes. I also think its just plain ridiculous to suggest calf is more formal.

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Does anyone know how a Barrie lasted 13AA would fit? Would it work for a 12.5D? Sorry if this is a ridiculous question.

5. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

dude, you are in the Alden thread. shell is the pinnacle.

6. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

Interesting that you say it's plain ridiculous, considering that's not that unusual of a suggestion.

I was speaking merely in terms of merit. In my opinion, no one leather is better than any other. I have a pair of roughout natural calf boots and I can't imagine wanting them to be in shell

Oh right, I forgot. Carry on. And to think people were thinking it was boring in here.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  7. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Thanks for all the feedback. The sidewalks are pretty clean...could have worn some leather soled shoes; oh well, played it safe. Hotel is 1 block from Haberdash. I'm off to a good start.

9. takashi78

takashi78 Senior member

Guys need your input on what was happened to cause this?

Color-8 unlined PTB.

Worn maybe 30x.

Suddenly i see this on the shoe!

[​IMG]

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

More tobacco chamois from yesterday
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Ruh-oh

1 person likes this.
  12. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Those Ravello Full-Straps are the pinnacle of the Ravello color. They look absolutely gorgeous.

I considered the Alden 9016 very seriously and own the Color 8 version (9015), but I decided that I wanted a different shape to the last.

-Mike

13. blues4life

blues4life Active Member

agree.  I told myself that I would stop reading, but I clearly haven't. There aren't many models that interest me that I don't already have, except a few that aren't available and a small enough amount that it doens't really justify me spending the amount of time that I do following this thread, but it has just become a routine/habit over the past 2 years.

Edit:  BTW, where can I get replacement laces for my Indy boots?
    [

Everything you think you will never tire of you eventually do..

14. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

Well worn.
    Not mine.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Lol true. Alden wouldn't be half as relevant to many here if it wasn't for horween in Chicago. Alden Calf is bleh. Their suede and chxl is nice though, for calf dress shoe go with a Vass

16. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

I took delivery of these Alden for J.Crew Cadet shoes today..... I know some here don't like the fact that they are a blucher with a cap toe, but I like them....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. ironclad

ironclad Senior member

I live in Newport News, VA. We rarely get more than a few snow flurries each winter. Last night we received nearly 10" of snow. Normally this would be an exciting thing, but today I was expecting a box from Adam at Alden of Carmel. So why should snow matter? I stand by my belief that the state of Virginia owns a single snow plow that is shared by the cities, towns, and counties. Seeing the snow-packed roads and thinking the worst, I started to get nervous that the UPS truck wouldn't show up or that it was flipped over somewhere and my package was buried in a snow drift or floating in the Chesapeake Bay.

Then there was a knock at a the door and my wife returned inside with a cardboard box. Inside was this:
    [​IMG]

I tried to play it cool, acting like I hadn't just been pacing around the house nervously for the past hour. Then I opened opened the lid and pulled out these babies:
    [​IMG]

My new AF53s from Alden of Carmel. They are beautiful. I have much appreciation and respect for Adam and his attention to customer service and, just as importantly, his eye for quality control. They are flawless and spotless.

But here's the rub. I have been reading for the past year about the durable and rugged nature of shell, despite considering all my pairs of shell as Rembrandts. Silly I know. Then guys were posting pictures of their shell while doing yard work, stomping through snow, and covered in oyster juice and hot sauce. As a result, I finally decided to buy the AF53s to be my hard-wearing, hard-working boots and I pulled the trigger. Yet now that they are here, they are almost too pristine to beat up. I'm just going to have to suck it up and wear them as originally intended. All over the place.

Hope everyone is doing well,
    Dave

5 people like this.
  18. anrobit

anrobit Senior member

Those are truly beautiful. Wear them out, beat them up, grind them into the dust... and then show them some lovin every time you come home again.

I need a colour 8 boot

19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

You joke, but I actually value interacting with many of you! Who else will I chat with about my favorite shoes? The level of civility here is much higher than most other blogs/forums. I appreciate all of the regulars here and those who choose to come aboard.

Much thanks all...

20. vestbash

vestbash Senior member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.