Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

look great! what size what last? Will be interested to compare to your TB & Barrie size

2. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

In my opinion...you should be able to "try" to get back your investment, or even make a profit. It's a free market out there, it does not matter what you paid, nor how much you ask. I see people selling J Crew sale shoes and boots all the time for more than they paid, I see used shoes and boots selling for close to retail in rare make ups and colors and they sell! Value is a free market on this forum, eBay and just about anywhere other than a retail store. I would ignore any remarks that complain about price. I agree you need to be careful about charging extra for Paypal, just state your price and that's it. Either they sell, or they don't. I feel your best bet to cover your costs is to sell on eBay, a much larger market than this forum. Nice shoes, I also agree it best to return them if possible. If you can't, just make sure you use real good photos are buyers to see. Keep in mind Whiskey is a rare color, but you need a buyer who wants that size and has an addiction to feed. Good Luck!

Now...anybody got Ravello in size 13D or larger? I will pay above retail for gun boats, boots, LHS, or just about anything else in Ravello in my size! How about anything at all in color #4 in my size? Please!!!!!

See Ya,
    Steve

See Ya,
    Steve

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

^ Uh-oh, Steve appears to the Jonesing for Ravello! Quick, somebody find this man some rare shell STAT!

4. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

So who's not jonesing for Ravello. I'll take a pair or NSTs in 11, and a pair of LHS in 11.

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I wouldn't mind those shoes at all. Great looking and with a little bit of character already built in.

6. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

yes, very similar to mine. I may have returned the lhs if they were at full retail.
    thank you be.
    van last. these were only available on my barrie size. they fit snug like barrie boots feel on me before I break them in. I do not have any tb last shoes.
    thanks for the kind words fc.

7. shaunw

shaunw Senior member

You ask what you want for them my man. Recoup your cost if you can, if not get as close as possible. Market will dictate if they sell at your asking price or not. I woudn't worry about what others say.

Ebay is a viable avenue to sell your shoes, however, you are going to pay $70-80 in fees so if you can find a buyer here its definitely worth a try first.
    Cheers

8. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I went to leffot this week and saw color 4 for the first time(it was steven's personal stock nothing or sale) uncle mac was right I believe there are better colors out there. It is still number 1 on my grail list though. I have to saw as well that color 8 naval boot looked amazing in person congrats to those who kopped a pair. Madison also had a cool suade indy boot with a red brick sole.

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, good looking combo good day for cigar whiskey wednesday

10. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

interesting that you can take the same size in barrie as van (i heard that mentioned before but didnt know how it would be with LHS) - how does the forefoot width and the heel width compare with barrie shoes? i *think* i heard that the van is a bit boxy with a slightly narrower forefoot and a slightly wider heel than barrie. Loafers are such a pain to get fitted (or at least have been for me) ...

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

in the old days they ran sales of 10% off on alden's in January and july . presently "no"

12. sazon

sazon Senior member

I've always wished that my Whiskey LWBs were a shade darker. The batch of whiskey these came from must have been a pretty light batch. The lightness has limited my wearing them a bit.

I got a little daring tonight (no actual whiskey involved) and put some Kiwi wax paste on them.

At first I went for the mid tan, but then I got the dark tan out in a bold step! Gasp!

I like 'em....they are more like Honey than Whiskey now.
    Here are some before and after shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, wear your lhs in good health

14. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

You can get about 10% off by shopping instore at Sherman Bros. I'd imagine you might get the same discount over the phone, most likely if you have established a relationship with a salesman. Of course they only stock the very standard models in #8 and black shell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.