1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

2. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

3. MiniW

MiniW Distinguished Member

I think you made your point ^^ haha

4. ppllzz

ppllzz Distinguished Member

like why eat apples when you can have oranges?

more like why eat a mcdonalds burger when you can get the in n out burger next door for a little less. i guess some people would choose mcdonalds but id go for in n out everytime.

5. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

more like why eat a mcdonalds burger when you can get the in n out burger next door for a little less. i guess some people would choose mcdonalds but id go for in n out everytime.

except if there is any shortcomings in quality between alden and C&J, it is certainly not on aldens end.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

7. ppllzz

ppllzz Distinguished Member

seriously why would anyone consider the tanker boot when things like this exist: [​IMG] it bothers me that on the alden boots the quarters dont touch

8. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior Member

Look at that boot. Look at an Alden boot. They're two distinct styles.

9. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Distinguished Member

that leather looks like feces

10. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Distinguished Member

Great analogy, I understand my error in thinking now. Forget Alden and C&J, I'm going straight to Steve Madden for my next pair. They meet all of your criteria for success. [x]boots [x]cheaper

11. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior Member

seriously why would anyone consider the tanker boot when things like this exist: it bothers me that on the alden boots the quarters dont touch
    The leather on those boots looks inferior and grainy compared to the tanker boots. The tankers are also a special collaboration, most calf skin Alden boots are closer to $400-$425 than the $500 that the tankers cost. I really hope you aren't comparing McDonalds to Alden, because that is a silly analogy. But seriously, you've made your point, you can stop shitting on the thread now.

12. jaydc7

jaydc7 Distinguished Member

jcrew is def. worse than abercrombie stuff shrinks like crazy, quality sucks
    i wouldn't get too worked up over his opinion on aldens..

13. constant struggle

constant struggle Distinguished Member

uhhh
    C&J Conistons are excellent quality
    Alden tankers are excellent quality
    Personally I prefer the C&Js as it is a more sleeker look.
    Really depends what you want out of your boots... Alden is much more americana

14. constant struggle

constant struggle Distinguished Member

The leather on those boots looks supremely inferior and grainy compared to the tanker boots. The tankers are also a special collaboration, most calf skin Alden boots are closer to $400-$425 than the $500 that the tankers cost. I really hope you aren't comparing McDonalds to Alden. But seriously, you've made your point, you can stop shitting on the thread now.

The leather isn't inferior, it is grainy.. its a scotch grain leather

15. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior Member

I guess, I just don't like the texture of it in the picture. But ya know what, its just a picture, and a poor picture at that, as the few times that I have handled C&J in real life they seemed to be very nice shoes , but personally I prefer Aldens, but I am not going to arguetrying to say why one is better than the other as those terms are too subjective.
    -edit: This whole argument is defunct anyway because C&J isn't really any cheaper than Alden, the Coniston boot Andy listed is about $460 after the pound coversion minus VAT imported straight through the UK, which is just $40 less than the Context tanker and actually $40 more than most non-cordovan Alden boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.