• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cigar lhs
sans socks

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those are quite nice!!! Making me want some LHS'es. I am on a list for some Ravello ones. Waiting patiently.

nephew,
thank you

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I could ever get my AE brown shell patriots to shine like those cigars up above. my arm would fall off

rcb35

Reaction score
When trying on new shells how do you judge fit without walking and creating creases? I have a new pair of #8 lwb and I just put them on to watch tv and they are a bit snug in the width. Should they be absolutely perfect when you first put them on, from what I read cordovan doesn't stretch that much. This is totally frustrating because I didn't feel any tightness in the store when I tried on a pair in the same size just different color.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When trying on new shells how do you judge fit without walking and creating creases? I have a new pair of #8 lwb and I just put them on to watch tv and they are a bit snug in the width. Should they be absolutely perfect when you first put them on, from what I read cordovan doesn't stretch that much. This is totally frustrating because I didn't feel any tightness in the store when I tried on a pair in the same size just different color.

Your feet change size (swell and shrink). So they could certainly fit fine in the store and seem tight another time. Snug is OK. Tight is bad. It's mostly your perception of the fit. You should also watch the lacing. Make sure you're not tightening the laces more than usual.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the most part, you don't.

Ahhh .... the joys of the no-crease retailer. For many (especially newcomers), a guessing game. And a guessing game that can prove quite expensive.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ahhh .... the joys of the no-crease retailer. For many (especially newcomers), a guessing game. And a guessing game that can prove quite expensive.
rotflmao.gif

I was duck walking some .5 size down ravello LWBs from jcrew last month, trying everything to convince myself I could get them to work, without creasing..

sadly, sockless was the only way I fathom they'd work, so back they went

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't think I could ever get my AE brown shell patriots to shine like those cigars up above. my arm would fall off 

nephew,
thank you

rcb35

Reaction score

Expensive is right and I am leaning towards returning and giving up on Cordovan shoes. I never have these fit issues with calf shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads