1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Just got an email from the ShoeMart. Alden prices are going up $25 as of Feb 1.

2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Alden's colors are 100% consistent and do not change over time. Case in point, my Ravello LWB collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, all three of these are Ravello... :)

-Mike

3. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Thanks to all who responded - yet more evidence as to why this site is so great.

4. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

mdubs, your Ravello LWB's will all fade to light brown in a couple decades anyway.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  5. mdubs

LoL, very true! :)

-Mike

6. mdubs

A couple of my recent picks-ups, Color 8 Full-Strap and a Color 8 Indy on the Plaza last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Dubs....those Indys are freakin' awesome! I wouldn't kick the loafers outta bed, either.

8. mdubs

LoL, thanks. I don't know why, but I really like the loafers alot, but the Indy's are stinking awesome!

9. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Indy on the Plaza last looks like an entirely different boot from Indy on the Trubalance. Wow.

10. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Brown suede flex chukkas today

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

$25 or more....I'm worried.

12. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

This made think of shell in bed . . . which of course immediately made me think of The Godfather.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I feel like those Indy on the Plaza shouldn't be called an Indy. More of a moc or stitch toe to me. They are awesome looking just not an Indy to me

1 person likes this.
  14. BeSpiffington

Nice score on the Islays PB. Personally I find double leather soles more forgiving on my overused thought I was an athelete knees. p.s. How again do you get that killer shine on your J Crew #8 PCT boots anyway? Sorry, I'm just jealous.

15. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I picked these up on the bay and was hoping someone could clear up a response I got from Alden

. [​IMG]

Before pulling the trigger, I reached out to Alden for some basic information (which I always do when considering an EBAY purchase). I ask for the retailer, last, and to confirm that they are shell. Usually the response is pretty clear, but this was the one I received in relation to these boots:

Style 4060 is #8 cordovan, plain toe boot, leather sole, made only on request for individual retailers, not a stock item.

First, I would consider this to be a Captoe, but that's not my question. I don't know what 'made only on request for individual retailers' means. I've read posts that refer to made-to-order or custom items. Is this what the Alden response means? Seems strange as there really doesn't seem to be anything special or unusual about these. I could reach back to Alden but they seem slower than normal to respond so I figured I'd reach out to the experts.

Somewhat related, I've been a big fan of renovater but recently ran out and decided to tey some venetian shoe cream. I expected to have to work on these boots for hours as they were pretty beat up. A little VSC mixed in with a deer bone and 15 minutes of brushing has done wonders. I can't ever imagine paying renovater prices again.

As always, any advice is appreciated.

16. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

+1,000

Not only shouldn't they be called an Indy -- they are NOT Indy. [​IMG]

17. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Agreed 100%. As I mentioned before, the plaza "Indys" are moc toe dress boots, not Indy boots. That doesn't make them any less attractive of a boot. "Indy Boots" though are casual work boots, which that boot is not.

18. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

same.

looks like I'll be buying second hand for the remainder of my aldens, save for a random one here or there.

19. BeSpiffington

mdubs, I am so jealous. I think the full strap is the dreseist casual shoe in the Alden lineup. The plaza Indy's on commando are a great looking boot, have you thought about changing their speed-hooks for eyelets? Saw that posted earlier today. Wear them always in the best of health.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

This site has a list of Alden "stock items." The Alden factory continually makes these shoes; any Alden retailer can order them for you from the Alden warehouse

http://www.aldenshoe.com/

The Alden 4060 is indeed only made on request for individual retailers. As far as I know, the 4060 are sold pretty much only at Alden Madison Avenue, The Shoe Mart and Citishoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.