1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

I'm buying a pair of Norwegian Split Toes on the Aberdeen last -- not sure if I should get them in Ravello or #8. Any suggestions?

Here's the Ravello. Here's the #8.

go for ravello nst

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

3. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

damn, I know I have enough Aldens, but everytime I visit this thread I realize how many more styles I want

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Anyone interested in these boots? Winn Perry is taking pre-orders for Spring 2011 delivery.

http://winnperry.com/

Do you know the price by any chance? It seems the deadline for preorder has passed however.

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Do you know the price by any chance? It seems the deadline for preorder has passed however.

$450 if I recall...

6. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

Phantom, Great boots.

Does anyone know where (or if?) one can get a plaza last wingtip from alden? I've been searching for it forever, seems like the only wingtips are done in the barrie last.

Why is this style not more popular?

check j. gilbert almost all their kicks are plaza last

7. Aquaphor

Aquaphor Senior member

8. Tripleterror

Tripleterror Member

Just got these in the mail today, from J. Crew (and for anyone wondering, the 20% off coupon DID WORK!!!!). They are a half size smaller than I normally wear, but they fit like a glove, must be the shell.

They will be worn in Vegas this weekend for the first time, [​IMG]

BTW. . .on a side note, has anyone ever gotten a new Alden green shoe box that was NOT damaged in some way? Every single one I have come across has a rip or dent someplace. What are they doing to these boxes, or are they just poor quality?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have been asking myself that very question after recieving a pair of boots from J Gilbert in yet another damaged Alden box.
    I have 3 pairs of Alden boots from 3 different suppliers and ALL the boxes are damaged in some way, split or dented.
    Boots are OK though.
    TT

9. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

BTW. . .on a side note, has anyone ever gotten a new Alden green shoe box that was NOT damaged in some way? Every single one I have come across has a rip or dent someplace. What are they doing to these boxes, or are they just poor quality?

Never. That's weird! I have a whole bunch perfectly good boxes shipped from different retailers all over the world. I've never had one come damaged.

10. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Never. That's weird! I have a whole bunch perfectly good boxes shipped from different retailers all over the world. I've never had one come damaged.

Never had a bad one in 10+ purchases. Are you a pain in the ass to work with [​IMG]

11. cet2119

cet2119 Member

The box I got from Shoemart is damaged but the one from Winn Perry is in good condition. The shoes from both companies are in good shape so nothing to complain about.

12. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that any of my boots came damaged, just that the shoe boxes always come with some sort of rip or dent. It is no big deal of course when you take the shoes out and just store the box, but I always wondered why boxes from other manufacturers seem to hold up better. Also, it seems to me that the Alden boxes are always a really tight fit, and the ones from other manufactures usually have a little more room, so maybe that is a factor. Especially with rips at the corner or edges.

13. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Also, it seems to me that the Alden boxes are always a really tight fit, and the ones from other manufactures usually have a little more room...

They do tend to be a tight fit.

14. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Indy Tabacco Chamois boot on plantation crepe. The leather is so oily and rugged that it feels like it could stand up against anything!

[​IMG]

15. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Looks nice. If you have more pics (at different angles?) it would be great to see them.

16. 1969

1969 Senior member

-Does anyone have any comments or experience with Alden Cape Cod Collection? I want to order the beefroll mocs but I'm curious to know if the quality is on par with the rest of the line.

17. jasonfoote303

-Does anyone have any comments or experience with Alden Cape Cod Collection? I want to order the beefroll mocs but I'm curious to know if the quality is on par with the rest of the line.

It's not.
    They're OK, but not made with welt construction so the support and comfort isn't on par.
    I'd save up for the LHS in Cordovan. Yes, they're a lot more expensive but it would be the last loafer you ever have to buy.

18. jasonfoote303

It's not.
    They're OK, but not made with welt construction so the support and comfort isn't on par.
    I'd save up for the LHS in Cordovan. Yes, they're a lot more expensive but it would be the last loafer you ever have to buy.

19. kylelovesyou

kylelovesyou Senior member

[​IMG]
    Alden for Unionmade: Indy Shoe in Natural Chromexcel

Saw the blog post about these earlier, if I hadn't bought three pairs of Alden in the last two months, I would have ordered these immediately. I am in serious need of some natural chromexcel in my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.