1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Distinguished Member

2. chipshot

chipshot Distinguished Member

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

I really like the BB wingtip oxford and the M75 last. I would pull the trigger if I could find my size (Ireally don't want to), and if I didn't already have the LWB, SWB, medallion captoe, perf captoe boot, tassel mocs, and PTBs all in color 8. I suppose one could never have too many color 8 models, but I'm patiently waiting for some cigar, ravello, or whiskey. I will pull the trigger on an NST model in the near future, but trying to slow down.

GREAT acquisitions this week my friend. Wear in wonderful health!

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

Boot would look great on the Grant. But I have to say I tried this boot on in person and it looks pretty sleek

5. ReppTiePrepster

AE 7 last may be the worst last ever (for me)! Have not been able to find a McNeil that fits with reasonable comfort. Their 1 last (leeds) and 5 last (park ave, fifth ave, strand, mcallister, etc...) are both very solid. Wish they had those models in greater variety of shell. I suppose I would still go with the Alden in those versions... much more comfortable IMO.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013

6. ReppTiePrepster

Awesome Uncle! NST is in my near future!!

7. ReppTiePrepster

Another outstanding make-up my friend. The saddle is also on my list of shells to come!

8. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior Member

9. haiglarsen

haiglarsen Well-Known Member

10. brp2

brp2 Distinguished Member

Beautiful boots. I love that edge. Think I'm going to hold off, though.

11. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Distinguished Member

Nice post, thanks for sharing. I like that they seem to take a lot of pride in the quality of their work. Not something you see too much of anymore.
    Antique Edge Trim, 360 welt (vs closed heel)

12. ReppTiePrepster

Just got back from a great trip to No Cal. Stopped by Alden of SF. Unfortunately they had nothing in Cigar, Whiskey, or Ravello in my size. Was told though, that they have some in size 11 if anyone here is interested. I need to give a shout-out and thank you to Larry, the SA I spoke with there. He comp'ed me a jar of tan paste wax after I told him that I missed snagging a pair of whiskey short-wing oxfords from their website back in December, but that I found it at Alden DC. He was very friendly. I also appreciated how well he took care of the shoes on display. Every shoe looked immaculate. When I walked in, he was hard at work cleaning and buffing several pairs of shoes.

One interesting make-up (exclusively made for A of SF) I saw was what looked to be a darkish, natural cxl PTB, unlined, on an oiled single leather sole. Looked just like my tan suede PTBs from JCrew, only nat cxl.

Great to be back!

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

nephew,
    thank you

14. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

curious, what is your size? wondering if it's worth contacting them about something for myself

15. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior Member

this is interesting lacing.

correct me if i am wrong but are the eyelet/non speedhook lacing so that only one side of the laces goes across?

EG. as this is a little difficult to describe i have used a pic of how i believe the lacing works. the image shows where each side laces travels underneath.

note: i do like the idea of parallel eyelets combined with crossed speed hooks and the 'only one lace crosses' for the eyelets makes it very neat.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.