1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior Member

Your size pls.

2. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Distinguished Member

TTS 11.5D. Barrie and van 11D. RL Marlow 11D. Haven't nailed down my Aberdeen last size yet.

3. shaunw

shaunw Senior Member

Like it or not sniping is SOP on ebay. If your not sniping you are probably not winning. I lost a few things i wanted to snipers and then had to join in to win. Unless I buy it now, all my bidding is in the last 10 seconds of an auction.

4. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

I used to get into auctions where a couple of overinflated egos start going at it and drive the price way over whats even reasonable . Still happens but not nearly as much imo . If im serious about an item I just put in the full amount im willing to pay . With.a sniper it only bids what it takes to win . If I lose its more than I wanted to pay anyway . Nobody is saying exactly what it is they dont like about using a sniper Ive noticed

5. green garden

green garden Senior Member

Thanks for the insight.

6. green garden

green garden Senior Member

+1 on Barrie NST. Unfortunately I need an 8C so I'm in pre-order purgatory for a #8.

7. patrick_b

patrick_b Distinguished Member

A little shell shoe care this evening. The cigar PTB's have yet to see any product, just the brush. The burgundy AE's were in need of some Renovateur. It was fully dark by the time I finished so I had to break out the flash. I shot the flash straight up (with nothing to bounce off) and I was surprised at how well the image came out given the late hour. AE Macneil and Leeds are about a year old and the cigar PTB just a couple of weeks old. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013

8. hypomnema

hypomnema Senior Member

I really don't see how you get that kind of glossy shine by just using a brush. How much time do you spend brushing? I spend a couple minutes one each shoe in the morning and never get that kind of shine.

9. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

patrick_b must clean his camera lens with reno because every one of his photos looks amazing.
    that shine gets a blue ribbon.

Alcibiades, what the hell dude? pace yourself. that looks like 4 or 5 new pairs in the last few days. they all look awesome, I can see why you had to take them all home.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013

10. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

great looking boots gentlemen.

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

nephew,
    thank you

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

nephew, good looking shine!

13. meso

meso Distinguished Member

I'm sure ebay is keen to clamp down on a service that results in more people bidding higher. :satisfied:

14. totalair1

totalair1 Senior Member

There's nothing wrong with sniping and eBay likes it too. I use it all the time, it simply turns in my max bid 5 seconds before auction end and either I get it or I don't. I feel good because I decided in advance what my max bid was. The great thing is I can forget about it and it bids for. As a rule I buy much cheaper, and win far more often. The software I use is senile and they are owned by eBay.

See ya,
    Steve

15. sazon

sazon Distinguished Member

Throw out the hand symbol for SF next time you're around WTC and I'll look for you...

So sweeeeeet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.