***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

Excellent purchase rydenfan. Looking forward to some pics. If you could please do the whole YouTube unboxing video thing. I'd like to see what my Alden x Leffot Naval Boots might look like if that pre-order ever comes thru.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013

2. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Any thoughts on my previous pics., does the width looks good? Lenght is fine ,I'm worried about the width.

Thanks.

3. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Love these....if they're a 9.5 and you want to part with them, feel free to message me : )

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thanks! I was back and forth between that and the J Crew captoe boot. Both are really great looking and I love the closed heel of the J Crew. However, what I have discovered is that while an 8D Barrie shoe fits me well, a 7.5E in the Barrie boot is better for me. You know it's a real sickness when you are already thinking about the next pair before even taking possession of these... :)

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Dude, you have the shoes and you put them on your feet and you can't tell if they're the right size?
    People on the interwebz can't help you with that. People on the interwebz can't tell how they fit based on a pic of you pointing at your shoe.
    Some people can tell you what you want to hear or make shit up to mess with you but c'mon, you should be able to tell if they fit or not.

And whether you decide your unlined suede chukkas fit or not, bear in mind that the cordovan ones are on a different last and fit different.

6. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Maybe you didn't read my first post , I know that nobody can tell if they fit but I asked if it's true that the LWB are roomier than th PTB both on same last , also these are not unlined Chukkas these are lined PTB's and are on the same last as the LWB I'm interested (barrie) I even posted a pic of the #'s inside to make sure they're on the Barrie last since I don't know what the #'s mean , anyways thanks for your help.

7. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Sorry, was viewing the post from my phone and I didn't zoom it. They looked like chukkas at first glance.

I think what you're reading regarding PTB fitting different from LWB on the same last is the result of confirmation bias.
    One should go in with the assumption that Barrie lasted shoes are going to fit like Barrie lasted shoes.
    I have well over 2 dozen pairs of various Barrie models. I can think of 3 pairs that fit slightly different than the rest. I have a PTB and a wingtip which feel larger and a cap toe boot which feels smaller.
    I don't doubt that there's some small variation in fit from a specific run of shoes to others, it's just that I don't think you can make a generalization such as LWBs fit different from PTB.
    Given Alden's manufacturing QC, I don't think uniformity of product is something they're shooting for or is even on the map.

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

My standard Snapseed+ techniques have come under fire recently. So here's some no-filter to tide all y'all over. Hope this can help a few wondering how CXL behaves with time, Reno, brushing, and love.

Alden x Epaulet Natural Chromexcel Longwing Blucher, at 6 months. Freshly MacMethod'd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

^Really like the color. Will they lighten over the next few days as the reno dries/absorbs or whatever it actually does?

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you
    I was prepared for Friday's rains

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

If anything, they may get a tad paler. The color is pretty set, and I brushed the reno in very well. Not much color variation at all.

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, nice shine on your whiskey and the rain has stopped

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, looking good

14. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    good choices!

15. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

After seeing whole families of Ravello long wings today I just had to break mine out for Saturday night.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.