Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Perhaps. But from what I have seen here and other threads, getting a MTO going with Alden is a long, difficult, uncertain proposition -- and I mean uncertain as in virtually zero chance of getting it done even with time. It seems like it would be much easier to simply go to another manufacturer -- as threads on the forum illustrate -- that is more geared towards MTO. In other words, it appears that MTO with Alden is, at the moment, swimming upstream whereas it is welcomed by other manufacturers, I suspect because it is their business model.

I am happy to be helfpul, however, so if anyone is interested in any of these make-ups, please PM me expressing your interest: (1) longwing tassel loafer in snuff suede; longwing tassel loafer in tan suede; (3) NST blucher in snuff suede; (4) NST blucher in tan suede, please PM me with your interest. I am thinking each is on either a single leather sole or a single waterlock sole. If you PM me, let me know your preference as to sole.

If I get a minimum of 12 settled on a shoe, I will approach an Alden retailer about doing it.

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I think Ben Silver may also have at one point. Don't see it on there at the moment, however.

I agree about the Tan Tassel. I know where you can find a milkshake tassel. PM me if interested.

Leffot has done one.
    [​IMG]

3. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

FSR of color 8 indy boots at shoemart

4. tommyhk

tommyhk Active Member

I've checked the BB one but they never seem to have E widths available in my size. I've also inquired about Unipair's version but they are asking for 620 which is a little more than I'd be willing to pay for a suede model (might as well get cordovan!).

Thanks for the heads up guys I'll keep my eye on the BB website and see if my size ever pops up again. I wish it was a model Alden just had on stock. I just can't get behind the texture of their mocha kid suede...

5. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

It's difficult in that you need to organize about a dozen buyers who agree on the makeup details and follow through with paid deposits. It's long because it very well may take nine months or more to confirm the order. It's uncertain only when asking for exotic shell colors (which are very popular MTOs).

But, yes, MTOs are easier with other manufacturers.

6. b-ewing

b-ewing Senior member

@100 yrs thx for reposting those pics!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013

7. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I agree. 620 is way more than I'd be willing to spend on Alden Suede. I got my Mocha Kids for 350 during a sale. Probably never would have paid retail for them.
    +1

It's almost comical. You will have about 9 people in a row to start coming together on the specs, and then a 10th person comes and tries to sway the first 9 in to changing the last from something like Barrie to Plaza or Modified.

8. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

Ravello Wingtip boots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

Pebble grain #8 shell. Not common, but not too interesting either (IMHO).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Went with the color 8 full straps over the suede tassels and went with the BB color 8 wingtips over the color 8 saddles. I needed some single leather sole dressy color 8. Limiting myself to one more Alden this year outside of preorders...

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

If you want sizes in BB shoes, call their larger stores, starting with the Madison Avenue flagship. The Chicago stores are large as well. The inventory online is different than store inventory. I just got a size from Madison Avenue that wasn't available online.

13. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Great boots, just bought a pair and really like them, have an order in for a MTO of a snuff suede pair from J Gilbert. They said the MTO was confirmed.

14. mtc2000

mtc2000 Senior member

Quattro Ravello "vertical" sampling. From unworn to "almost trash". The three worn pairs have been treated with Renovateur, and are just a bit darker than they would be without.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

What's the story with your ravello longwing collection. I agree that ravello longwing on a dark sole is one of Alden's very best models...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.