1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

My apologies for confusing your situation with another member. I was mistaken.

Of course I was not suggesting you were not a reliable confirm. I have no idea whether or not you have participated in preorders or any other particulars and I was not trying to comment about that or make any other assumptions. I was merely trying to make the point that others have made, apparently more clearly, that if the circumstance is such that a preorder appears to be available and it must be limited, that opening it up here is not going to be workable for the reasons beatleguese and others have given. There is more demand for Alden cordovan shoes in the specialty colors than there is supply. While that is the case, some will get at certain times and others will not get at those times. What I have found is that, while it may take a while, everyone gets some and no one gets all.

2. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

You are correct. I was mistaken. I have apologized for the mistake.

3. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

First good pair of shoes -- Church's black calf shortwings

First pair of Aldens -- bought black cordovan and King 8 cordovan captoe bluchers at the same time

First cordovan Alden -- see above.

4. sazon

sazon Senior member

First good pair of shoes -- Alden x J. Crew tan calf longwingsssss

First pair of Aldens -- See above

First cordovan Alden -- Alden x Context Color 8 Tankers

5. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

That color 4 boot looks magnifique.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  6. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

You didn't apologize for calling my feet big, I'm sensitive about my feet being called big.

:)

See Ya,
    Steve

7. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

First pair of good shoes: Shell cordovan Church's penny loafers in burgundy around 1978

First Alden's: Shell #8 full strap loafer

First cordovan Alden same as first Alden

As you can see I've been a fan of burgundy shell or King #8 for a long time.

See Ya,
    Steve

8. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

I stepped away for 2 days to celebrate "early Christmas"......Wow, you guys move fast.
    First nice shoes: black prada sport nsts
    First shell: vintage color 8 j&m short wings
    First alden: color 8 lwb

9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Welcome back Mr. DV. Hope that you had a good time. Nice first shoes. Didn't know J&M made any Shells.

10. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

First nice shoes: Kenneth Cole Oak Street Bluchers in 1999, er, I mean AE Larchmont longwings in walnut calf, bought in summer of 2012

First Aldens: JCrew Tobacco longwings and JCrew snuff suede lwb, simultaneously purchased at 25% discount in Jan 2013

First Shell: Alden cigar lhs

First Viberg: brown cxl perf cap Service Boot - 6 hours ago :)

11. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

thank you sir.
    we had a great time with the family.
    I bought the j&m shells not even knowing about shell at the time. they were probably from the 80s. i bought 4 pairs of nice shoes that day from a "storage hunters" reality show personality. florsheim light brown calf lwb, florsheim brown grain lwb, black cole haan captoes, and the j&m pair. the shell pair was new dead stock. $15 each!! He had around 200 pairs of vintage dress shoes size 10.5 - 11 for sale that day, I wonder what treasures I left behind.... I was clueless about American shoes then.
    I don't have any of the 4 anymore, but that purchase started me on American made shoes.
    I just recently sold the j&m. They looked similar to my #8 alden x bb sw.
    [​IMG]

12. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

I just got the exact same pair of boots in the mail last week and have the EXACT same problem. I'm going to PM you so we can discuss, but I contacted Unionmade today at orders@unionmade.com, spoke to a guy named Carl, and sent him my photos. They are "looking into it," but I'm asking that they send me a replacement pair, since this is highly unusual for new Indy boots, and I own several pairs of Indys with no such issues.

13. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

^ if you search my previous posts from like 2 days ago, you'll see my posted pics of the same problem with my Indy Natural CXL Stevenson boots.

BAD BATCH OF CXL, I'M NOW CERTAIN. UNIONMADE NEEDS TO CORRECT THIS ISSUE.

14. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

^ Pardon me? I think the Aldo Thread, or perhaps an AOL chat room, is calling your name.

15. green garden

green garden Senior member

First "nice" shoes that I bought (first real "nice" shoes were grad gift from my Dad) - Church's black calf SW Balmoral

First Alden shoes - Alden 990

First Shell shoes - Alden 990

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  16. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

Innsbruck Indy's on Christmas Eve....

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Thanks Uncle! And Thanks to everybody else for the advice -- anybody want some cigars? Give me a PM!

18. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

First nice shoe ..

BB King Tassel. 1978. Still my favorite! I continue to replace them .. Always in the rotation!

19. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to one and all. :fistbump:

20. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to the Alden community!

A special thanks to all my forum friends who have helped enable and foster this wonderful hobby/addiction/pastime; for the tolerance and patience of our wives, girlfriends, and partners who allow us to pursue our interests, often at the expense of logic; and last but not least, for the horses, who literally handed over their asses to make us happy.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.