• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaxer

Reaction score

B = heel width
D = front width

in your instance, that's a standard run of the mill size (but those shoes should be Barrie lasted, which most size .5 down from their Brannock size)

The B/D combination is fixed or could there be a D/D or a C/D ?

apo1

Reaction score
Tan suede unlined chukkas ,is the best colour suede ,for my opinion for the summer!

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No offense Uncle, but the bums from Brooklyn that are now in LA are overpriced and terribly under-performing as of now.  Long season though, I suppose.

nephew,
no offense taken, once the team left Brooklyn, the love affair was dead

100 yrs

Reaction score

My Whiskey LHS are on their first wear today.
But it's only 48F right now.

ain't Seattle-ish grand? we've been barely breaking 60 this week, but i'm headed to vegas for the weekend with forecasts in the mid- to upper-90s. wearing my unlined #8 ptbs for the trip. stopped in j. gilbert at lunch and thought about buying the #8 nst on plaza, but didn't want to burn my vegas money on cordovan...

TactileOne

Reaction score
PAS a local clothier has the full strap loafer available in what the salesman described as a carmel color over the phone. Not sure if Whiskey or Ravello, Aberdeen last and he said had quite a few, unfortunately not in 11.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The B/D combination is fixed or could there be a D/D or a C/D ?

I've never seen anything other than a heel width that was 2 widths narrower than the midfoot width, like A/C, B/D, C/E, etc.

apo1

Reaction score
Whiskey - Alden Tan
Ravello - Some use Alden's Brown, I use Kiwi Mid-Tan
Cigar - Alden Brown (or Saphir Cordovan Cream in Brown)
Color 4 - dunno
So, why when I bought the alden whiskey ptb recently from FRANSBONE ,I found a paper for maintaining inside from ALDEN, which recommends
ALDEN color 8 Paste wax for the above pair?
Is it wrong???!!!!

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, why when I bought the alden whiskey ptb recently from FRANSBONE ,I found a paper  for maintaining inside from ALDEN, which recommends
Is it wrong???!!!!

I believe that is the standard "how to care for cordovan" brochure that is included with all cordovan shoes... Yes, ignore the color recommendation in that brochure

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, why when I bought the alden whiskey ptb recently from FRANSBONE ,I found a paper for maintaining inside from ALDEN, which recommends
Is it wrong???!!!!
Yes, it is. Simply look at the color of your shoe and the color of that wax and I am pretty sure you would never want to put that on your shoe.

poena

Reaction score
so is the sand suede that need supply is currently selling the same as tan? I'd prefer unlined though :confused:

apo1

Reaction score
Yes, it is. Simply look at the color of your shoe and the color of that wax and I am pretty sure you would never want to put that on your shoe.
scetchiness from alden for so expensive shoes!
Do you agree with the proposals of Alcibiades a little above?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My Whiskey LHS are on their first wear today.
But it's only 48F right now.

ain't Seattle-ish grand? we've been barely breaking 60 this week, but i'm headed to vegas for the weekend with forecasts in the mid- to upper-90s. wearing my unlined #8 ptbs for the trip. stopped in j. gilbert at lunch and thought about buying the #8 nst on plaza, but didn't want to burn my vegas money on cordovan...

We were just in LAS a couple weeks ago.
105F was quite the contrast.

I have good associations between LAS and cordovan.
I had just landed in LAS when I got an email from Tom about #4 PTBs.
I forget where we were staying but I ordered cigar PTBs while I was there a couple years ago..
I was sitting by the Cosmo pool browsing on my phone when I saw #4 captoes at TSM last fall.

Last edited:

bobbyc17

Reaction score
Anybody here has experience with Citishoes? They have the Whiskey LWB on their website but that page doesn't look like has a real time inventory , I sent two emails and called with no luck.??
I was there today. They have whiskey LWB in 9.5, 10 and 11 (he might have mentioned other sizes but I cut him off after that). They have a cigar PTB in 7.5, Whiskey LHS, Cigar NST. Not sure on the sizes of the last two. I would call again, they were very helpful the last time I called.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I brushed my tassels today :D ... Alden's stock 563 with BB madras... the heat is comin'.
RTP, I'm really digging your tassels. A Great Gatsby like stylish hot weather combo. Wear the heck out of them. Uncle Mac please forgive me, but I believe I'm starting to think that there is a pair of tasseled 563 loafers in my future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads