***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

And same experience and same sizes here also. No mystery why 10D and 9.5D Barrie are so hard to come by and usually the first to sell out!!

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

You really need to stop spamming it'll get you banned

3. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

PSA.. Leffot has #8 PTB on crepe up on their site, looks like a full size run at the moment

4. katch

katch Senior member

jeez... relax.

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ he's doing you a favor, SF will ban you for those types of posts.

6. katch

katch Senior member

In that case I apologize and appreciate the heads up.

7. green garden

green garden Senior member

I can see these glowing in the dark [​IMG]. Wear in good health uncle Mac. Are these Barries?

8. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I have always been a tan suede guy, but thought I'd give snuff a try. It will take some getting use to, but I doubt it will take much time. Give it a try!

9. ReppTiePrepster

Get some extra thin socks my friend; that's a sweet make-up! Congrats and wear in great health...

10. ReppTiePrepster

Last edited: May 29, 2013

11. Jortuno

Jortuno Active Member

Hi All, This is my first post as I've been following this particular thread for quite sometime. I've wanted the Alden for J.CREW Cordovan Cap Toe Boots for almost a year now. After requesting the seventh Store wide search over a period of a few months, I was notified last Friday that a pair in size 7D had been located.

I received these boots today in the following condition (see pictures), with creases on both boots which quite frankly is bugging me. I called J.Crew and all they could do is apologize for this and offered to take them back as well as issue another store wide search. Quite frankly I don't think they will find another pair in a 7D and when I inquired as to why they don't show a 7D in their website, I was told that the buyers had simply stopped placing orders for my size.

If I were to keep these boots would I be able to somehow do something about these creases? Can they be buffed out? I'm thinking of going over to the Columbus Circle Store in NYC where they were shipped from and asking for a discount. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before and if so what was your outcome?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. - Thank you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ReppTiePrepster

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

TBH, if that is wear fresh out of the box, it'd be a no-question return for me. Especially at retail. If you've gotten some sort of substantial discount, or JCrew are willing to offer one, that changes things. But for a standard #8 boot, I think selling that as "new" condition is completely absurd.

14. ReppTiePrepster

15. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Creases generally can't be buffed out - they are a function of how the shoe wears on the foot. Typically cordovan shoes will crease after you wear them, but you want them to be your creases if you are buying at full retail These shoes have been tried on and walked in at the Columbus Circle store (or maybe bought online, tried on, and returned a few times). A pair like this would sell for a discount on eBay, and most small retailers would offer a discount... J Crew has offered discounts for "store models" before, so you can try to go to the store and see what they will do. For other options, a variety of retailers stock straight tip captoe boots in color 8 (TSM, Alden DC, Alden NYC) and may have your size, but the punch captoe is a bit different. Leffot I think is selling their "naval boot" in color 8, which has a punch captoe, maybe see if they have a preorder in your size available.

Last edited: May 29, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.