• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ravello LWB round 2! received these today. .5 smaller than I normally take, but they fit with no socks so I may keep them (jcrew offered an appreciated discount due to my first pair being lost in transit)
nephew, wear in good health

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kind of ridiculous how all of the retailers keep saying that there will be no Ravello for the foreseeable future, and a few months later it starts raining Ravello.

I'm not complaining and I am glad to hear that it is popping up occasionally.  I'm sure its not the retailers fault, they are probably just relaying what they are told by Alden, but the pattern is getting kind of old.

Yeah I hear that. I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if these orders that are supposed to take 4 months end up taking 4 years. :p

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
#8 nst saddle
argyles otc

Last edited:

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden Madison is now expecting ravello PTBs in 4-6 months for anyone wanting to pre-order. Seems as though it will be raining exotics by end of year.

Hmm. Hopefully this means that my (inadvertent) strategy of waiting and keeping the powder dry will eventually pay off.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a general consensus (or do people have strong feelings) as to which suede color is better (more versatile)? I have been leaning towards snuff but recently, the more I see tan the more I like it. If anyone happens to have a photo of the two colors next to each other (in natural light) it would be interesting to see.

I would say there is no consensus.

For me it is:
1. snuff
2. dark brown
3. tan

1 and 2 are really close for me, with 3 off in the distance. I did not list milkshake, as I simply will not wear it. But some like it ....

Whether they are correct or not, some think of dark brown suede as a fall/winter shoe and some think of tan suede as a spring/summer shoe. Most consider snuff a year-round color.

aldenfan

Reaction score
ravello LWB round 2!

received these today. .5 smaller than I normally take, but they fit with no socks so I may keep them (jcrew offered an appreciated discount due to my first pair being lost in transit)

How did you order these from jcrew?

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
welp, looks like the 11d ravello LWBs aren't gonna work.. right foot is a bit bigger than the left and is a bit too snug.

i'm going to process the return with jcrew tomorrow, but if someone happens to be an 11d, let me know. I'd be willing to flip them at the discount that jcrew offered me, otherwise they're going back..

totalair1

Reaction score
Hmm. Hopefully this means that my (inadvertent) strategy of waiting and keeping the powder dry will eventually pay off.
Don't bet on that strategy. I'm #2 on the list for the 1 pair in my size 13D. It appears they are only getting a few pairs, and in some cases 1 size of each! I'm # 3 on the list for 12.5D Ravello LWB at the Alden in DC.

See Ya,
Steve

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ordered shell from TSM lately?

If so, did you receive the no "creased vamps and marked outsoles" return policy card? The card even has example pictures.

For some this is welcome news. For others, the exact opposite. Definitely a change in policy for TSM though.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ordered shell from TSM lately?

If so, did you receive the no "creased vamps and marked outsoles" return policy card? The card even has example pictures.

For some this is welcome news. For others, the exact opposite. Definitely a change in policy for TSM though.
received the ravello NST boot last month and no card stating that was included

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't bet on that strategy.  I'm #2 on the list for the 1 pair in my size 13D.  It appears they are only getting a few pairs, and in some cases 1 size of each!  I'm # 3 on the list for 12.5D Ravello LWB at the Alden in DC.

See Ya,
Steve

Well if I'm #2 and you're #3, who is #1? Anyone here want to 'fes up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads