• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poena

Reaction score
really would like a cigar PTB. are these readily available?

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ravello LWB round 2!

received these today. .5 smaller than I normally take, but they fit with no socks so I may keep them (jcrew offered an appreciated discount due to my first pair being lost in transit)

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Madison is now expecting ravello PTBs in 4-6 months for anyone wanting to pre-order. Seems as though it will be raining exotics by end of year.
would you happen to know if they require full payment up front, or partial for a preorder?

TIA

warrenjl1

Reaction score

Is there a general consensus (or do people have strong feelings) as to which suede color is better (more versatile)? I have been leaning towards snuff but recently, the more I see tan the more I like it. If anyone happens to have a photo of the two colors next to each other (in natural light) it would be interesting to see.

For me, it really depends on the shoe. I think the snuff and tan suede chukkas both look great, but I ultimately decided that the tan would be more versatile and work with a wider variety of belts. I should note that I went into the store with every intention to purchase the chukkas in snuff.

In the loafers, I much prefer the snuff or dark brown, thinking the tan suede on the loafers looked a bit odd for some reason. I went with snuff in these.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Whiskey Wednesday. Drink-n-shine gentlemen:

nephew,
good looking ptb

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wow, I've got to pick up one of those tiny horse hair daubers to brush my tassels!  Great looking combination Uncle.  Wear in great health.

nephew,
thank you
i do not brush the tassels

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

pure class Uncle, I need to add tassels to my rotation one day

always great day for whisky, looks great Sazon

nephew,
thank you

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your compliments, fine gentleman. I will drink to that !

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mouth is starting to water with news of all this Ravello popping up before the end of the year...

Kind of ridiculous how all of the retailers keep saying that there will be no Ravello for the foreseeable future, and a few months later it starts raining Ravello.

I'm not complaining and I am glad to hear that it is popping up occasionally. I'm sure its not the retailers fault, they are probably just relaying what they are told by Alden, but the pattern is getting kind of old.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snuff is theoretically the most versatile and i was 100% sure i was going to get it.

then i walked into the store and tried it on and it looked odd to me.  

then i tried on the tan and it's perfect.

store guy said that snuff was definitely more versatile and you "have to get used to it" but it goes with more colors.  he sells way more of the tan and the dark brown though...which are further on the spectrums.

For me, it really depends on the shoe. I think the snuff and tan suede chukkas both look great, but I ultimately decided that the tan would be more versatile and work with a wider variety of belts. I should note that I went into the store with every intention to purchase the chukkas in snuff.

In the loafers, I much prefer the snuff or dark brown, thinking the tan suede on the loafers looked a bit odd for some reason. I went with snuff in these.

Interesting, looks like I'll have to go check out both colors in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads