• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr chorizo

Reaction score
if you had to pick, whiskey LHS or Full strap loafer?

a few months ago, i would have almost instantaneously said LHS, but something about the low vamp seems very elevated and the more casual tan whiskey color

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score

a few months ago, i would have almost instantaneously said LHS, but something about the low vamp seems very elevated and the more casual tan whiskey color

I vote LHS. I love my full straps but the pointiness of the Aberdeen makes the shoes look very formal...but I'm sure you can't go wrong either way.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LHS

Wore mine today. One of my favorite spring/summer shoes.

TactileOne

Reaction score

LHS have always loved a good penny loafer, that's why I have 5 pair: 2 Sebago calfskin, 1 AE, and 2 Alden. Hoping to grow my Alden brood.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It seems like about a year ago that I first saw the Barry crepe sole chukka in tan suede on the J Crew website.  Those sold out quickly.  Then a few months later they listed the same make up in Snuff suede.  When they got down to just a few sizes they disappeared from the website too, although I've seen an odd size pop up occasionally - like the 8 and 12.5.  I was able to find them in December at the Chelsea store in NYC after the guys at the Ludlow Shop checked the inventory for me. I've seem both J Crew models, Snuff and Tan, show up on eBay.

Thanks for the info. I actually spent a (good) while yesterday calling as many Alden retailers as possible and it seems there are none available. Guess I'll have to wait and see if they pop up somewhere. Must have called 15 different stores - only one I was unable to get to was Alden DC who took the 3 day holiday weekend off. Hopefully Kathy will be able to help, but I kind of doubt it.

Do Alden offer a custom / bespoke service?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No they do not offer a Bespoke service. Best chance you will have is pre-order through Leather Soul or Leffot so you can order a particular size. You have to dillegently check their sites and this page as offerings come up and are gone very quickly.

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
[/URL]
Out on the town for a NY Strip with my classic gunboats! Looking forward to Monday's Memorial Day family pics
spectacular look and shine!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: nice gunboats rtp. these are the shoes I think of when I think of aldens.
and yes, im ready for family pic Monday.
Thanks MrDV. I hadn't worn these in a long while. It didn't take long to realize how much I like this LWB. I hope to see a family pic of yours tomorrow!
fing02[1].gif
All the best...

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cigar Sunday (Leffot Atoms SW)

excuse squirrel's tale under the couch, my dogs were playing :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads