1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

His feet are different than yours. His gait is different that yours.

2. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Today was an unfortunate day in my life as an Alden collector. I was literally seconds away from kopping the much heralded king tassels from TSM when I decided to check the thread one last time in case someone announced that they had grabbed a pair in my size already. Of course, all hell broke loose on the TSM's retraction of sale prices and I ended up feeling too badly about spending the full 100% on the shoes. (FWIW, I'm not inclined to bust the chops of the forum member who called about the sale; I often have called Leffot rather than place my order on the web as I like the human interaction and feel like it's a way of making sure nothing with my order gets screwed up. Seemed like an honest mistake that anyone could have made on a busy day.)

I thought I'd console myself and shoot for the natty cxl boots I've been after for a few weeks, but was told by TSM that they won't let me break up the payment over 2 credit cards. Ack!

To top it all off, the Apple geniuses confirmed that my computer's hard drive is not only likely cooked (along with some of my important data and family pictures), but that its logic board is also apparently done. So, by the end of the day, I spent the equivalent of four pairs of shell boots investing in a new computer rig, backup system. Of course, dear wife feels the sting and has asked me to dial back my SF-related purchases for a stretch.

Rant over. Just needed to get it off my chest, as I thought venting to patients would be a bad idea ;)

PS - is there a Mac method for my new Mac? It just doesn't have the smell or patina of Ravello, Whiskey, Cigar or King.

3. jkiu

jkiu Active Member

Double shot of whiskey

Whiskey cordovan tanker
    Ashland Leather whiskey cordovan card case
    Patek Philippe Nautilus

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. prez

prez Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

color 8 unlined ptb worn with a suit. probably my favourite pair

1 person likes this.
  5. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

Whiskey tanker, I am so jealous! [​IMG]I have a navy cordovan Ashland wallet on the way.

6. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Nice Boots and fabulous taste in watches sir.

Gotta Luv the Blue!!!!

7. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

I may or may not get lucky. I just happened to check my cart at the shoe mart and I had a pair of Snuff Suede Chukka from yesterday still there with the sale price. I payed VIA Paypal and it kept the sale price the whole way thru. I really wanted the TAN but figured, get the SNUFF then exchange for the TAN. I am hoping they will honor the sale price, seeing as there should be no issues Validating Payment. We will see. Oh I wont call to see if they honor the price just pray they do.

We'll victory , they are honoring the price and shipping out today. Confirmed via phone call.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  8. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That is a serious setup right there! Nicely done. What model Nautilus is that? I don't think I've come across one with Roman numerals. Very cool.

9. Subutai

Subutai Senior member

10. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

King Captoes on Grant today. Waiting at the gas pump....

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

^^ Love those boots, bk. They may be my favorite pair I own.

1 person likes this.
  12. thams

thams Senior member

I'm really tempted to pick up a pair of #8 plain toe boots on the plaza last because I love how they patina. I already have a pair of #8 cap toes from Leffot though... Trying to find a way to justify it.

Love the way these look.

[​IMG]

Photo from the theagatineeyelet

1 person likes this.
  13. epc2

epc2 Senior member

14. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

This must be a sign that you can not yet handle the King Tassel. After all, it is very majestic.

What happend with your computer? Just all of a sudden it died?

I would think that an order is more likely to get screwed up by calling over the phone, because of the added human factor. (Did he say 9, or 9.5?, can't quite remember)

I guess it's back to the vanilla visa gift cards for a while?

Is the patina different when developed on the plaza last?

15. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Maybe he meant cap toe vs. plain toe??

16. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

That makes sense. Sorry, still early for me.

17. thams

thams Senior member

No, not necessarily. The cap toes I have currently are on the barrie last, so I'm trying to justify a similar boot because it's on a sleeker last. Just trying to reason it out.

I think the PTB shows off patina better than cap toes.

18. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

There is nothing reasonable about the amount of expensive shoes that I have, many of which look very similar to each other. This is not a game of logic and reason, rather one of irresponsibly acting upon impulses.

Go for it!

19. poena

poena Senior member

to be honest the apple store is pretty worthless when it comes to computer repairs. I say send out your HD to a third party company. I've used SalvageData in the past and they were able to recover all the data on my harddrive. I now have back ups of back ups.

1 person likes this.
  20. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

We'll victory , they are honoring the price and shipping out today. Confirmed via phone call.[/quote]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.