***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Anyone have these wingtip boots in scotch grain from Shoemart? http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html Yes, and I quite like them.
    Thanks. Any action pics [​IMG] Trying to decide on these or getting the brown calf on barrie last (to replace the ones on Leydon last I just sold).

2. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

To owners of the kudu Indy with the lug sole, how do they handle in snow?

3. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

sorry bit of a noob, what are speed hooks?

do you think they'll go on sale? not in a rush to get them (I have some DBs that are ok) so ya I'd love to get them at least for a little cheaper. I'm just not familiar with jcrew's policy on 3rd party brand items and sales.

edit:: I see the speed hooks now, they were hard to see before and because of that I didn't know what you meant haha

Get a 20% off coupon off ebay. buy shoes.

4. joz411no

joz411no Senior member

Thanks. Any action pics [​IMG]

Trying to decide on these or getting the brown calf on barrie last (to replace the ones on Leydon last I just sold).

None yet. I'll try to post ASAP. I must warn you though, I have a wider foot and had to order my size in a special make-up through ShoeMart. 10.5EE. I'll try to have them up before the night is through. The only thing that could have made them better is Scotch Grain, color #8 shell.

5. skrooler

skrooler Active Member

Looking at the Alden Chukka on the Barrie last.

If a 11.5 D on the Hampton Last fits me perfectly, would 11 D on Barrie be perfect?

Theoretically, yes. I find the barrie to be a true D though, if you're wide in the least bit you're going to have a problem.

Just want to confirm, the 11 D Barrie fits me pretty well. Its a little more snug then the 11.5 D Hampton, but not too snug.

6. rick

rick Senior member

[​IMG]

thoughts? thinking about getting them. these are the ones made for jcrew.

i have them and love them a must have

7. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

^I was flipping fast as hell through the august catalogue they sent out and then I just froze on those cordovan boots. Something feels wrong about dropping $5--+ on a j.crew boot though

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

I just cant get over that stitch running all the way back on the boots. ugly.

9. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

I just cant get over that stitch running all the way back on the boots. ugly.

some kind of stitch or decoration along the heel is a common feature on boots. probably the heel area below the stitch is re-inforced compared to the leather around the ankle, and the boots are going to crease there as they mold to your ankle. maybe you don't like the stitch. that's cool. but it is as daring a style decision as a cap toe. hardly something to call them out on. might as well complain that the boot has a heel or eyelets.

10. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

some kind of stitch or decoration along the heel is a common feature on boots. probably the heel area below the stitch is re-inforced compared to the leather around the ankle, and the boots are going to crease there as they mold to your ankle. maybe you don't like the stitch. that's cool. but it is as daring a style decision as a cap toe. hardly something to call them out on. might as well complain that the boot has a heel or eyelets.
    eh, I guess I would just really prefer a stitch around the side, like the broguing in a typical shortwing, or a vertical stitch at the back of the boot. ie [​IMG]

11. forex

forex Senior member

Excellent. I asked Tom about these but they were sold out of my size. [​IMG]

Sold out in my size too,they are sold out in all sizes is what I was told,fuck. I want those.[​IMG]

12. illumin8em

illumin8em Senior member

i have never felt so uncomfortable wearing such comfortable shoes. don't know if i can keep them

[​IMG]

13. stylenoob718

stylenoob718 Well-Known Member

Get a 20% off coupon off ebay. buy shoes.

I think those 20% dont apply to the 3rd party brands right? or is there a special coupon I should look out for?

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I think those 20% dont apply to the 3rd party brands right? or is there a special coupon I should look out for?

The fine print on them says that they don't apply to 3rd party brands but quite often they do.

15. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

i have never felt so uncomfortable wearing such comfortable shoes. don't know if i can keep them

what does this mean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.