***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Speaking of suede boots, any word on ETA of the snuff suede plain toe flex welts from LS aside from in August? If they don't come out soon I might be forced to buy the Chromexel Plaza wingtip tomorrow.

2. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Speaking of suede boots, any word on ETA of the snuff suede plain toe flex welts from LS aside from in August? If they don't come out soon I might be forced to buy the Chromexel Plaza wingtip tomorrow.

They're 4 weeks out unfortunately.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Suede cap-toe boots from LeatherSoul. Thanks Tom!

I would buy the new Chromexcel version if it didn't have a 360 degree welt. [​IMG] Oh well, next time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Excellent. I asked Tom about these but they were sold out of my size. [​IMG]

4. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Suede cap-toe boots from LeatherSoul. Thanks Tom!

I would buy the new Chromexcel version if it didn't have a 360 degree welt. [​IMG] Oh well, next time!

I love those! I have a pair of snuff suede PTB's that were seconds but they look too much like Uggs to get a lot of wear. I would wear those every day in every way!

Here is my current collection:

L-R: Dark Brown Suede Chukkas w/Crepe Sole, Cord #8 Chukka, Unlined Tan Suede Chukka, PTB Kudu Boot from Leffot

All are Shoemart seconds except for the Kudu PTB boot, and they're all 8.5Ds on the Barrie last except for the unlined chukkas which are 9D on the Leydon last.

I decided to sell the brown calf wingtip boot below as there are on 8.5D Leydon last and too tight in the toes for me. I'm not sure what I'll replace them with: either another wingtip boot or a cord #8 longwing on the Barrie last.

Very nice collection. Wear them in health!
    Already posted this pair before, but these pictures turned out better sooo...
    HAHAHA! I like the last two picks where they wanted pictures without you cramping their style.

What watch is that BTW?
    They're 4 weeks out unfortunately.
    !!

How far out are the cordovan saddle shoes I just ordered a couple of weeks ago? I don't want to hear anything more than two weeks you selfish bastard! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Waah, so many awesome Alden's on the last few pages. Must resist urge to buyyy.
    HAHAHA! I like the last two picks where they wanted pictures without you cramping their style. What watch is that BTW?
    Haha, yeah, I felt pretty silly setting it up, but it had to be done! The watch is a speedbird 3 (http://www.watcharoo.co.uk/speedbird3.htm).

6. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I thought I saw a pre-order (and ETA) for some plaza wingtip non-speed-lace boots in #8 (and another boot) about 3 weeks ago through LSH (i.e. LSW/LSBH). I can't find any trace of this now.

I have a feeling I missed the pre-order, but I will 100% buy a 9D if I can find them.

Anyone have this same dream?

7. velomane

velomane Senior member

I thought I saw a pre-order (and ETA) for some plaza wingtip non-speed-lace boots in #8 (and another boot) about 3 weeks ago through LSH (i.e. LSW/LSBH). I can't find any trace of this now.

I have a feeling I missed the pre-order, but I will 100% buy a 9D if I can find them.

Anyone have this same dream?

I'd email Tom if I were you. 9D would be a standard part of the order, hence he could set aside a pair for you.

8. stylenoob718

stylenoob718 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

thoughts? thinking about getting them. these are the ones made for jcrew.

9. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

thoughts? thinking about getting them. these are the ones made for jcrew.

I like them a lot but I am moving away from speed hooks as a general preference.

If I bought those and bought them from jcrew I would wait for a sale.

10. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Anyone have these wingtip boots in scotch grain from Shoemart? http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html Not sure what my next purchase will be and whether I want to shell out (pardon the pun) $600+ for cordovan boots. However the Leather Soul #8 PTB boots with crepe soles are looking mighty nice...

11. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

12. stylenoob718

stylenoob718 Well-Known Member

I like them a lot but I am moving away from speed hooks as a general preference. If I bought those and bought them from jcrew I would wait for a sale.
    sorry bit of a noob, what are speed hooks? do you think they'll go on sale? not in a rush to get them (I have some DBs that are ok) so ya I'd love to get them at least for a little cheaper. I'm just not familiar with jcrew's policy on 3rd party brand items and sales. edit:: I see the speed hooks now, they were hard to see before and because of that I didn't know what you meant haha

13. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

speed hooks are the 8 metal pieces the lace wraps around at the top as opposed to regular eyelets toward the bottom. They are there for convenience for lacing but sometimes don't look as good compared to all eyelets instead.

14. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Anyone know if it's possible to identify the age of Aldens using the numbers printed inside the boot (5h28 0003)? I have this older pair of 405's with the duck lining and was wondering when they were produced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. joz411no

joz411no Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.