1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Distinguished Member

The LWB is more of an Alden signature style, but if I had to pick just one, it would be the SWB. Alden doesn't make many of them though. LeatherSoul seems to be the only retailer to offer SWB on a consistent basis.

2. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Distinguished Member

I'm not sure which I prefer, but I like them both.

3. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

Mine squeaked but then stopped .Kinda like a break in thing. They work out perfectly for me when I want a beater but still look nice

4. trig

trig Distinguished Member

i concur with swb over lwb. but everyones gunboats on here tempt me.

5. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Distinguished Member

You're welcome. Yes they are the same; aberdeen last and the model number is the same also (2145).

6. ReppTiePrepster

My favorite saddle bucks ever!

7. ReppTiePrepster

8. ReppTiePrepster

9. Gcbrown3

Gcbrown3 Well-Known Member

What happened to PSA's?

J. Crew Ludlow Store on Hudson Street in NY has the Ravello LWB.

Go get it!

10. totalair1

totalair1 Senior Member

What sizes?

See Ya,
    Steve

11. phototristan

phototristan Distinguished Member

do they ship or is that in store only?

12. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Distinguished Member

they ship.

Nick just took care of me on a pair..

now i just need cigar lwb and ravello chukka and im done [​IMG]

13. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior Member

I'm hoping to get some help with the following situation, which I'm tentatively considering calling the case of "bad karma related to asking JCrew for a discount."

As you may have seen in an earlier post, I asked a JCrew sales associate outright to match a 25% discount I had been given earlier this winter when I bought my first 2 pairs of Aldens. The associate gave me a 20% discount. Well, the Cadet Cordovan bluchers I ordered arrived today and, I'm sad to say, I was left a bit disappointed by the following issues:

1. The "discount" of 20% I was to have been given has yet to be applied. The sales associate claims it should show up on my Amex within the next couple of days. We shall see. I'm less worried about this issue; I know refunds sometimes take a little while to appear.

2. I realize this second issue may be more about my obsessiveness. However, Jcrew did not give me the green Alden box we're all excited to see when the UPS or FedEx delivery person arrives. Instead, I got this JCrew box

[​IMG]

I got on the phone and talked with a JCrew associate from the 800 number. She claims that Aldens x JCrew are not shipping with the green box. I reminded her that I ordered JCrew aldens just several months ago and got, not one, but two green boxes. She said she'd check in with a supervisor. Somewhat rudely, she returned and noted that there was no information they could provide about whether the green box could be sent separately to me (I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have the green box if I ever want to turn around and sell the shoes on the bay or SF someday). Despite my extensive order history, I apparently did not warrant any further effort to procure something as simple as a box. Should I let this go? Have others ordering thru JC encountered similar?

3. Most important issue: the shoes, while not creased, had some scuffing, albeit perhaps minor. I suppose it's something a little Mac method could take care of, but still, my thought is: every other Alden retailer seems to be able to provide shoes that look unworn and pristine out of the box. Why can't JCrew? So, based on the following pics, should I ask for an exchange? (sorry in advance for the crappy pics. I'm at the office all day today and have no dslr nearby)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess one could argue the karma I created by asking for the discount has come full circle. One could also argue that I'm just being overly picky and that the scuffs pictured above might well happen from my own normal wear over time. However, should I seek to get better from a company I've supported very thoroughly over the last number of years? Please help me put it in proper perspective.

And sorry for the long post...

14. phototristan

phototristan Distinguished Member

they're probably returns. mine came in Alden green box for sure.

if you like the shoes and the discount you got, keep 'em. otherwise, return.

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior Member

Probably more related to this thread than to Alden itself, but I just got my first argyle socks [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.