Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dslonghorn4

dslonghorn4 Senior member

Dbear: very good question; pondered this as well.

I would want Ravello and Whiskey just as much, and a heck of a lot happier if it were more readily available!

2. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

Good to know, I keep reading about folks still waiting for orders over a year old to get fulfilled. Don't think I have that kind of patience.

I did and they did look very attractive. But I do own some Wolverine 1Ks with a plain toe so hoping for something a little different to spice up my foot game.

I don't know if this is voodoo but I'm sure this has plenty of watchers already, but a pair of Ravello LWB in my size is up on the Bay. They appear to be in great shape and considering how long some of the waits are, think this could be something to keep my eye on. Seems very dark for Ravello but I'm going to attribute that to the lighting. Condition seem fair for a second hand pair of Aldens?

Thanks everyone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251275680383?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Those look very, very dark to me. Doesn't look like Ravello, at least on my screen

4. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Lousy lighting,Miles it's a good thing I just picked up two pair and put in an order for the suede boots from J. Gilbert, you and I wear the same size.

5. Countingsheep

Countingsheep Senior member

Gorgeous but begging for double leather sole in my eyes... Maybe scoop em up, wear the hell out of em and resole accordingly?

:slayer:

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I have this PTB in the snuff suede (same sole I believe) and it is literally more comfortable than any pair of sneakers I own. I think the double leather sole would look nice but not be as comfortable.

7. green garden

green garden Senior member

Same experience for me. While I find the Trubalance having a bit more room, it is compensated by the type of socks I use with the boots vs. Barrie lasted shoes. So if you are wearing thicker socks and have the Trubalance you are describing above, same size may be the way to go. Nothing beats being able to fit the shoes though.

8. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

thank you all for the kind words.

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, good looking nst boot, wear in good health

10. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

are the shell indy's welt the same as the cxl / calf? Just wondering about any fit differences, as i have only tried on the 405, but am considering shell without the ability to try on before purchase (and returning overseas would be prohibitive)

and fit difference between "storm welt" and "true goodyear"?

Last edited: May 16, 2013

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I know this has been discussed before but if I am an 8D in the Barrie/TruBalance is it possible for me to wear a 7.5E with success? My suede PTB 8D fit perfect but on my Chukkas and boots they are a bit tighter in the width. I have two pairs I am REALLY interested in that are 7.5E. Thanks!

12. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I'm not sure what last you are interested in but if Leydon, I would imagine the 7.5E would be too short. If an 8D is perfect in Barrie, on Leydon you would likely need to go 8.5E. If your feet are narrow, you may be able to get by with an 8.5D Leydon but the Leydon runs quite narrow. Some shops only stock E widths in Leydon since on Leydon E is more like D.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Sorry I am looking at other Barrie and TruBalance models but in 7.5E. Sometimes 8D is good, sometimes too tight, and sometimes too big depending on the model [​IMG]

14. phototristan

anyone have experience with the Kudu Chukka with mini commando sole? it seems quite versatile to me.

[​IMG]

seems like a good alternative to a full on boot when doing things like helping a friend move, yet respectable enough to wear into a nice restaurant.

15. phototristan

difficult to say as it would really depend on your feet and how much room in the front of your toes there is when you wear 8D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.