• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hill

Reaction score
As my handle might suggest , I work with my hands for a living but also have a love for classic men's style. Hence the love for Alden. I also like to work on projects outside of work. I'm currently rebuilding a 70s vintage Honda CB750 as a "Cafe Racer" or at least my vision of what one should be. Given my love for all things Horween, I wanted to use one of their products when upholstering the seat. However, items like Cordovan and CXL are pulling a premium as of late. So, i've decided to go with a natural Horween 'horse strip'. As most of you know this is what is left after the cordovan shells are cut away. It may be a little think and stiff for the application, but i'm up for the challenge!

Here is a shot of the strips. With an 18lb West Highland Terrier thrown in for scale
confused.gif

I figured out of anyone, you guys can appreciate my insanity.

My girlfriend just shook her head when i told her the plan.
shog[1].gif

I know it is not a pull-up, but i hope arse sweat and indigo will patina the hell out of the leather.

So rad. If you'll be starting a thread to follow this project, I'll be subscribing.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As my handle might suggest , I work with my hands for a living but also have a love for classic men's style. Hence the love for Alden. I also like to work on projects outside of work. I'm currently rebuilding a 70s vintage Honda CB750 as a "Cafe Racer" or at least my vision of what one should be. Given my love for all things Horween, I wanted to use one of their products when upholstering the seat. However, items like Cordovan and CXL are pulling a premium as of late. So, i've decided to go with a natural Horween 'horse strip'. As most of you know this is what is left after the cordovan shells are cut away. It may be a little think and stiff for the application, but i'm up for the challenge!

Here is a shot of the strips. With an 18lb West Highland Terrier thrown in for scale :confused:

I figured out of anyone, you guys can appreciate my insanity.

My girlfriend just shook her head when i told her the plan. :embar:

I know it is not a pull-up, but i hope arse sweat and indigo will patina the hell out of the leather.

Great Idea...love cafe racers. Please make sure to keep us updated!!

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blue, you and I think alike.

:fistbump: I think its a sickness...:satisfied:

So rad. If you'll be starting a thread to follow this project, I'll be subscribing.

Great Idea...love cafe racers. Please make sure to keep us updated!!

Thanks for the kind words gents. It's been a slow process. I'm curretly rebuilding the engine. Probably wont happen this summer. My own fault as I dont like to cut corners. I'd rather not work on it if i know i'll do it half ass.

I'll post some pics when there is something worth posting lol

Last edited:

TactileOne

Reaction score
I just got a save 30% off ANY purchase at Brooks Brothers on May 22, good at store or online. Seems you need to be a "corporate member" to use. If I remember correctly, I just got the corporate membership recently by just going on line and applying. Just a heads up.

I need to check the date, as I'd earlier told Uncle the 23rd.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got a save 30% off ANY purchase at Brooks Brothers on May 22, good at store or online. Seems you need to be a "corporate member" to use. If I remember correctly, I just got the corporate membership recently by just going on line and applying. Just a heads up.

I need to check the date, as I'd earlier told Uncle the 23rd.

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if shell will be included.

TactileOne

Reaction score

TactileOne

Reaction score
Wondered about that as the mailer said "any" purchase. I'm assuming shell is included.

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
Friends,
I am currently have my eyes set on a pair of medallion tip bluchers in color 8 or black, aberdeen last (
2145 and 2146) but am
undecided because Im not sure how they will look
If friends on the forum would have some pictures (new and aged) for these styles that would be really helpful in me making up my mind. Thanks for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads