Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

You guys are lucky. With the exception of The Shoe Mart...nobody else even orders 14D! A few order 13D. But many don't have that as a choice on pre-orders. For the most part...I'm not even in the game. Many of the best Alden's stop at size 12.

See Ya,
    Steve

2. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

I too would like to know what model Beatlegeuse has been waiting on for 28 months.

Last edited: May 14, 2013

3. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I think Beatlegeuse may be waiting on the same model I am, Epaulet's Ravello Brixton. I hoped with the late winter Ravello runs at other retailers, we might have seen the same at Epaulet but nada.

4. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

That sounds familiar. I feel like there's also a whiskey boot that people have been waiting 2+ years for?

5. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Have folks paid in full for these 2+ yr preorders?

6. CalceoAdamator

CalceoAdamator Senior member

Nice caps Uncle...!!

7. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Wow a ravello brixton would be amazing. I guess I arrived too late to the party? Has that make up been done before?

Last edited: May 14, 2013

8. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Yes, a whiskey wingtip boot. And only deposits for this and the Ravello semi-brogue captoe.

9. Resistant

Resistant Senior member

10. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share a brief example of "ask and you shall receive." I got a hankering for a JCrew Alden model and decided to ask one of my favorite Personal Stylists at the store I frequent if it would be possible for me to purchase the shoes with a 25% discount, citing that a prior stylist no longer with the company had gotten me the suede lwbs and the tobacco "cxl" models with this very discount. She wasn't so sure it would be ok with the powers that be, but she checked on it and got back to me a day later with a 20% discount [​IMG]

I'm told there is some sort of super secret JCrew code she is able to use. I asked her if she would be willing to field similar requests from my fellow Alden aficionados. She responded that she cannot make any promises that the code will continue to apply to Aldens or that the JCrew brass won't stop her from discounting for us SFers. Nonetheless, out of a wish to express my appreciation for her efforts on my behalf, I told her I'd be glad to mention her name and contact information to my Alden-collecting brethren.

Accordingly, as a SF newb, I'm hoping someone can tell me if the SF gods will strike me dead if I post the stylist's name and store location. I don't want to violate any boundaries here (I'm already on a couple professional listservs where we can't even complain about the misdeeds of health insurance companies--and believe me, there are quite a few old school tricks those folks play-- or mention fee setting issues lest our listserv posts be construed as price fixing or monopolizing). Unlike the rabble rousers on these listservs, I'm not going to try to flout rules because I like hanging out here with you guys. If the Jcrew shout-out is not allowed, I'm glad to field PMs to the extent that I can keep up...

Hope you're all having a great day,
    d

11. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

^^ I would personally like her home phone number [​IMG]

12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

13. docalden2013

docalden2013 Senior member

She was very gracious and made me feel crummy neither about asking for the discount nor for my flaming case of Aldenitis.

14. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Thanks for the input. As it turns out, I may indeed pass on both (mainly b/c the seller of the Hanover's appears to be a bad eBay seller).

15. topisdown

topisdown Member

According to my notes, the 1684 is whiskey shell cordovan. I'm attaching a photo that I saved a few years ago from the Alden Madison website.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.