***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Anyone know who made Keith Highlander.I have #8 ptb, heaviest best constructed shoe I have ever laid hands on deserving of the name gunSHIP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thats 40 + yo shell baby

Last edited: May 14, 2013

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

4-5 months can hardly even be considered a wait compared to most Alden wait times. But then again I'm just bitter about having 4 pre-orders that are all one year plus and counting (including one that is now at 28 months and still waiting)

3. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

^^ That's just down right unbusinesslike.

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I agree. I find it surprising J Gilbert told me that short a window considering I am at January 2012 for a pair of suede LWB's...However since these are "confirmed" it does give me some hope. I am not sure I have the patience to keep waiting through the LS pre-orders

5. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

[​IMG]

I just ordered 2 pair of Alden factory shell cordovan irregulars. Neither are ones I've seen lately First pair are Monk strap model 1684 in a color called tan. Not sure exactly what that is, maybe color #4? It's a 13D in barrie last so hopefully it fits, my 14D Barrie have a lot of room left. The other pair is a NST on Barrie last model 2450 in color #8. Got that in a 14B and feel that's an easy fit. Both pairs were $399.95 plus $10 shipping per pair. Maybe I scored something real rare in the tan models...who knows? Anybody know what colors the the 1684 come in? What might tan be?

See Ya,
    Steve

Last edited: May 14, 2013

6. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I think shell's loss has been suede and calf's gain. With shell all but extinct I'm sure Alden has more time to work on other materials.

7. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Nice, but I don't think that's technically a gunship. A gunship should have holes all around to shoot down nearby, inferior schooners.

8. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

Quick PSA, CitiShoes has a pair of whiskey longwings in 8E. Hope someone benefits from this info.

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I think it is better for retailers to wait for orders to be "confirmed" before taking preorders. Leffot's wait times for preorders are 4-6 months, but they typically wait for confirmation before taking the preorder

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I would have loved to get on a pre-order with Leffot, but every time I've tried they wouldn't let me order a narrow size (only D or E widths). I'll have to try again at some point and see if I can get on a pre-order with them.

11. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

I agree with this, but there is the problem of those with odd sizes. Once an order is confirmed by Alden sizes cannot be added. So if the retailer chooses an all D width run when the order is placed, then those in need E or C widths would not be able to preorder once the order is confirmed. This info was passed along to me from a retailer. They had a preorder up for an order that was confirmed. All the sizes listed on their preorder were D widths. I asked for an E width and was told that since the order was confirmed my E width could not be added.

12. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

The monk looks similar to this model: http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...dmp-1655_ald_m_monk_strap_shell_cordovan.html Model 1684 would be one shoe model, and would have its own designated color. Keep us posted.

13. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

28 months passed the line of absurdity many months ago. Hats off to you for your patience. :nodding:

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Agreed!! What pair had taken that long?

I am driven extra crazy about the wait on my tan suede LWB's because Leffot has had then in stock all season in my size. Had I not pre-ordered, and purchased impulsively, I would have had them sooner

15. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I agree on the 1684 being a specific model and color. All info TSM had was color tan. I was wondering if anybody had seen what was called tan shell in the past? I posted a picture in a prior post. Looks close to Ravello. I will keep you posted once I get them. Since they are irregulars, will need to see what kind of issues they have too.

See Ya,
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.