• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
^Should be 10H(alf) or 10.5 or 10 1/2.

Thanks. That should have been obvious but my brain is clearly not engaged.
blush.gif

I going to go with the indys or the cordovan cap toe. I'm pretty much an 11M in most other shoes. The advice I've gotten is go down a half size on the indys or stay true to size on the cap toe. Would you agree?

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
Thanks. That should have been obvious but my brain is clearly not engaged.
blush.gif

I going to go with the indys or the cordovan cap toe. I'm pretty much an 11M in most other shoes. The advice I've gotten is go down a half size on the indys or stay true to size on the cap toe. Would you agree?

My understanding is that the captoes are on the Barrie Last. That being the case, you would also go down 1/2 size for them as well. The Indy Boot is on the TruBalance last which you also go down 1/2 size.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaelw
nephew,
please respond

Sorry, we're sold out of the 6 eyelet chukka. Thinking about reordering it on the Barrie last soon though.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Tom, thanks for the opportunity. I had my eye on these shoes for over a year now and given how hard they are to come by, I'm glad the last pair was in my size.

Sometimes it pays to check even if it does say 'Sold Out!'

smiley_joy.gif
Nice grab! I love Ravello!
clap.gif

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden Sale Alert Flex-welt chukka Grant chukka Thanks to Max875 at AAAC for the heads-up.
flex-welt chukka ... looks like the usual leydon last model (?) also a few sizes (11, 11.5) of what i guess is a barrie-last all weather walker good deals. j.l. powell should have the sense (even j. crew does) to note the last in the description.

REguy

Reaction score
Thanks, AlanC!

Just grabbed a pair of the chukka boots for less than the price of 2nds at Shoemart.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Alden Sale Alert

Flex-welt chukka

Grant chukka

Thanks to Max875 at AAAC for the heads-up.

JL Powell are the ones who disappointed a bunch of guys with visions of discounted Edward Greens.
Their website doesn't reflect their actual inventory. I think people had the best luck phoning in orders rather than trying to order online.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ Crap, I really need to stop buying blue shoes.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom's Ravello shortwing is nicer than the C&J. that ravello shoe has an easy case of being anyone's "oneshoe" with no regrets at all

bbhewee

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of the LSH NST Blucher with crepe sole in action? I always wanted Tanker boots and was wondering whether these could do as a replacement.

Thor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Sorry, we're sold out of the 6 eyelet chukka. Thinking about reordering it on the Barrie last soon though.

Tom, Any chance this re-order would come in Cigar??
smile.gif

Please keep us posted.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics