1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Stylish Dinosaur

wear in good health

2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Distinguished Member

Distorbiant asked via PM for some photos of my black Conservation Boots (bought when they first came out (January 2012?)). He encouraged me to post them in the thread. So, here they are, holding up pretty well despite regular wear. The pictures aren't as good as the boots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2013

3. BootSpell

BootSpell Distinguished Member

I have #1, 2 and 4. Going strictly by what you listed, my choice would be #1, as I'm not a fan of neocork soles. But as SFTG mentioned, I'd got with #3 if it were on the Plaza. Why are you asking?

4. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

Chipshot, I regret that the only times you and I have engaged in conversation together is when you have chosen to surface and make a fruitless comment regarding a conversation that you haven't contributed to at all. Knowing that people like you are lurking around the forum, I had the foresight to include a sentence in my original post before I even submitted it. As I said above, you are free to keep scrolling through the comments you aren't interested in, that's the beauty of a mouse. The number of words in my post was what it took to convey my opinion, nothing more or less. If there is anything in my post that you actually disagree with, I'd love to hear it. That's one of the purposes of this thread - discussion. Generally, when one can't form a useful or otherwise coherent response to someone's statements, they default to childish jabs or insults as you have done.

5. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

I'm not the biggest fan of the wedge vibram soles but those look good there

6. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Distinguished Member

Englade, you haven't responded to anything that I said previously with anything but a complete dismissal through short insults. Generally that points towards the inability to formulate a disagreement, and rather than articulate an intelligent response or admit that I have a point, you default to categorizing me with a "growing segment of today's society" that thinks my opinion is all that matters. Never did I say that what I said was a fact. I am fully aware that I am expressing my opinions. If there are any of my opinions that you actually disagree with, please engage in intelligent debate as you call it. Writing me and my opinions off as a futile subject is nothing but a cop out. You insulted me with your original response to a conversation you weren't a part of, and I responded intelligently, formulating my opinions as clearly and as succinctly as possible. You have responded to that with more insults while implying that I can't engage in intelligent debate. Needless to say, I'm pretty confused by your approach, but the burden of proof here isn't on me, it's on you. My opinions are there for anyone to see, you just have a string of insults.

Last edited: May 10, 2013

7. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

Wow. very nice, very crisp, most excellent.

8. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Perfect collection. Who needs #8?

9. MrDV

MrDV Distinguished Member

uncle, great looking whiskey.
    very nice, I think it looks great.
    nice collection, thanks for sharing.

10. b-ewing

b-ewing Distinguished Member

Thx for the reply. Why am I asking? Good question. Guess just trying to gauge other people's experience? I am looking for a wwii inspired profile. am after rugged but sleek; something that would look good in either chinos or jeans. less bulky than my Whites, Wescos and red wings, while still being workwear inspired.

Man, if I could get the Pitt Boots in cigar shell I think id wet my pants; but think those days are gone!

Last edited: May 10, 2013

11. Numbernine

Numbernine Distinguished Member

Feel free to scroll past...................
    I apologize to this forum for any part I may have had in unleashing this deluge of off topic sophistry upon all . My intent was merely to defend someone who I felt was unfairly maligned for simply posting a picture of a sports celebrity wearing a pair of Alden shoes. (Messianic complex and all that rot you know)This was obviously a mistake .I wiil make every effort fromthis point on to confine my post to the subject of shoes and Alden shoes in particular.
    MWS only because you have asked me to comment on your argument will I say that since my objective has only been ,to as much as possible , clear the waters of misunderstanding and.yours appear to me to be to muddy them for god knows what reason I can no longer participate in this self indulgent foolishness

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Distinguished Member

14. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior Member

breathtaking.

15. patrick_b

patrick_b Distinguished Member

Alden surely does shell well. I almost picked up the RL Marlow in dark brown shell recently. They ended not being part of the recent sale so I passed on them. Since I missed out on cigar PTB's a few times over the years, I figured the Marlow would be a good substitute.

I'm so glad I waited for these as they fit so much better for my feet. The Marlow is a sleeker shoe but I'm fond of the Barrie last and its a much better fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.