***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Uncle Mac have you spoken to alex lately I haven't seen him post here or AAAC in a long time. His knowledge of shirtings was well appreciated and certainly very valuable.

Last edited: May 10, 2013

2. brp2

brp2 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My new tan suede chukkas arrived from Rooney today. They're super soft and feel like slippers. I went TTS and they may be a bit narrow, but being so soft and unlined it shouldn't be a problem. Only one shoe bag made the trip and the soles were a bit scuffed (Rooney has concrete floors, if I remember correctly), but I'm not complaining at the sale price.

3. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

whoa whoa whoa...

details?

4. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Last weekend someone on here alerted the board to a 20% off sale code at Rooney that worked on their Alden stock. Not sure if it's still good, or if they have any stock left, but a couple of us exercised it. Thanks again to the poster who alerted me!

5. hpreston

hpreston Senior member

Thank you Uncle, I will check them out.

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    i do own calf. for the records-" i like calf"

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    i have not spoken to alex in several months. Joelle and alex high quality clothing business. there customer service is top notch

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

wear in good health

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Distorbiant asked via PM for some photos of my black Conservation Boots (bought when they first came out (January 2012?)). He encouraged me to post them in the thread. So, here they are, holding up pretty well despite regular wear. The pictures aren't as good as the boots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2013

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I have #1, 2 and 4. Going strictly by what you listed, my choice would be #1, as I'm not a fan of neocork soles. But as SFTG mentioned, I'd got with #3 if it were on the Plaza. Why are you asking?

11. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Chipshot, I regret that the only times you and I have engaged in conversation together is when you have chosen to surface and make a fruitless comment regarding a conversation that you haven't contributed to at all. Knowing that people like you are lurking around the forum, I had the foresight to include a sentence in my original post before I even submitted it. As I said above, you are free to keep scrolling through the comments you aren't interested in, that's the beauty of a mouse. The number of words in my post was what it took to convey my opinion, nothing more or less. If there is anything in my post that you actually disagree with, I'd love to hear it. That's one of the purposes of this thread - discussion. Generally, when one can't form a useful or otherwise coherent response to someone's statements, they default to childish jabs or insults as you have done.

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

I'm not the biggest fan of the wedge vibram soles but those look good there

13. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

Englade, you haven't responded to anything that I said previously with anything but a complete dismissal through short insults. Generally that points towards the inability to formulate a disagreement, and rather than articulate an intelligent response or admit that I have a point, you default to categorizing me with a "growing segment of today's society" that thinks my opinion is all that matters. Never did I say that what I said was a fact. I am fully aware that I am expressing my opinions. If there are any of my opinions that you actually disagree with, please engage in intelligent debate as you call it. Writing me and my opinions off as a futile subject is nothing but a cop out. You insulted me with your original response to a conversation you weren't a part of, and I responded intelligently, formulating my opinions as clearly and as succinctly as possible. You have responded to that with more insults while implying that I can't engage in intelligent debate. Needless to say, I'm pretty confused by your approach, but the burden of proof here isn't on me, it's on you. My opinions are there for anyone to see, you just have a string of insults.

Last edited: May 10, 2013

14. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Wow. very nice, very crisp, most excellent.

15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Perfect collection. Who needs #8?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.