1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

What makes this site great. A very helpful and informative post. Thanks.

2. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Absolutely.

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Is it actually "tan suede" LWBs? The listing on the LS website says snuff. The picture looks like tan. A posted e-mail asks the same question and the SA definitively says snuff. I'd hate to see Beatle's reaction if/when a pair of snuff suede LWBs arrives. Good luck to both of y'all!

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Haha, I actually wouldn't mind getting any one of the three colors they have. If you check back on LS's website, they have some photos of all of them now - snuff, tan, and dark brown. The dark brown actually looks really spectacular, I'm wishing I would have ordered a pair of those as well.

EDIT - here's the link:
    http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2013/11/25/alden-shoe-suede-longwings-lsw/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  5. ReppTiePrepster

Welcome to the color 8 club. You've picked a winner for your first. Enjoy them often and in great health!

6. ReppTiePrepster

From about 2 months ago...
    [​IMG]
    These snuff suede LWBs are absolutely awesome. I highly recommend Alden suede. I used AE suede protecting spray. The spray in no way changes the color, texture, look, etc... of the suede. I value these on the same level as my shell LWBs. [​IMG]

7. ReppTiePrepster

Ah, I see. I was genuinely troubled for you last night when I checked out their website as I remember the frustration expressed in recent months. I saw a dark brown, lined, PTB in suede the other day and thought they looked especially good also. I really appreciate Alden's suede. However, I actually prefer the lined versions with double leather or flex welt soles.

Congrats on your recent delivery. I look forward to seeing some pics. Hopefully your patience has been well-rewarded. Enjoy often and in great health my friend!

8. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i see but i'll be returning them to j.crew either way don't want to go through anymore than i got to for something this expensive. i will at least take pictures of them when they arrive friday :foo:

9. ReppTiePrepster

Finally caught up with pages upon pages of posts! There are some outstanding looking pics posted here in the last few days. Saz, your wt boots on plaza are among Alden's best color 8 make-ups. DonL, your snuff LHS are an underrated gem! Mdubs, your whiskey, multiple ravello, and cigar LWB collection is spectacular... Wear them my friend, and enjoy them! BTW, you must pic up the 975 and 9751 asap. I was surprised to find how much more often I snag the black and color 8 LWBs out of the closet, than the exotic LWBs. (It may just be my wardrobe and work setting??). And BeSpiff, I was esp inspired by your Indy post.

A couple of pics from the last few days...

Nasty weather for my visit to the State Capital in Austin. Decided to go with my beater LWB (brown calf), floor of the House Chamber.
    [​IMG]
    Second time wearing my new 403. Wasn't sure they were that comfortable out-of-the-box and after the first wear. I am now convinced they will likely be my most comfortable Aldens the more frequently I sport them. 30's, wet, and windy... great day for the Indy!
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Just bought these on eBay.. Excited to have my first Aldens and Shell Cordovan boots..

Alden x Leffot Black Shell Cordovan Naval Boot

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  11. ReppTiePrepster

Selling them to a forum member shouldn't put you through anything more then you would go through returning them to J Crew, esp if you are shipping them back. Sell them for whatever you paid for plus shipping and a small, nominal fee for your time ($50). I'm sure someone here would be extremely appreciative given the 25% off promotion. With paypal, your money is safe and secure before the shipment goes out, right?

In any case, it is your time and your call.

1 person likes this.
  12. ReppTiePrepster

Excellent score. Black shell is very underrated. Congrats and enjoy often and in great health my friend!

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Paypal charges something like a 3% transaction fee, and you can't withdraw the money right away, in case the individual that sent the funds wants to file some type of claim.

14. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Aberdeen nst #8
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. thromb

thromb Senior member

I've been eyeing those boots from Leffot for the past month. Very nice looking pair of black shell boots. Hope you post some 'in the wild' pics.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  16. Roggie Rog

Roggie Rog Well-Known Member

Since Alden shell cordovan belts are very hard to come by these days, I'd like to ask what some options for a belt to go with whiskey shell boots. I've searched this forum and came across an old thread which wasn't too helpful.

Also, what are some thoughts/feelings on a 30mm wide belt. Is this an okay width to wear casually and/or with jeans?

Any help would be appreciated!

17. sazon

sazon Senior member

Thank you Mr DV!

18. sazon

sazon Senior member

Just perfect! Congrats! LOVE EM!

19. sazon

sazon Senior member

Super, super nice and super rare. LeatherSoul?

20. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

R

Rancourt offers a belt in Natural Shell, if you're willing to wait a few weeks.

Not whiskey but close enough. Otherwise I'd just wear a tan calf or natural CXL belt to get close.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.